Rank the Marvel Movies

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
So I got to thinking if I'd place Ultron in my top 5 and decided I need to watch it again to process it all, but I feel like it could be. Which led me to thinking of, well what ARE my rankings? Now let me preface by saying I haven't disliked any of them, so the ones toward the bottom doesn't imply that I didn't like them. (In fact, I say List separately if you just didn't like it.) It was really hard to do this. And doesn't even consider SHIELD or Agent Carter on ABC or the Defenders series coming out on Netflix. But I'd like to know what fellow geeks think.

Here's my ranking of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies:
1. Avengers
2. Captain America: Winter Soldier
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Captain America: The First Avenger
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron
6. Iron Man
7. Iron Man 3
8. Iron Man 2
9. Thor: Dark World
10. Thor
11. Incredible Hulk

5 and 6 could easily swap. We will see after I see Ultron again. So what's yours?

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is tough in some instances because many of them are equally as good to me, but I'll give it a shot...(also, you left out SO many films, so I'm going to assume you're only referring to the ones relevant to the most recent releases...for instance, Blade is a marvel universe character, but not really relevant now).

1.) Iron Man (by far my favorite of all the movies so far)
2.) Captain America: The First Avenger
3.) Guardians of the Galaxy
4.) Captain America: Winter Soldier
5.) Xmen - Days of Future Past
6.) The Amazing Spiderman (only included the "Amazing" series because I actually didn't like any of the Toby McGuire movies)
7.) Iron Man 2
8.) The Avengers
9.) Thor: The Dark World
10.) The Amazing Spiderman 2
11.) Xmen - First Class
12.) The Wolverine
13.) Xmen Origins - Wolverine
14.) Xmen
15.) Thor
16.) The Avengers - Age of Ultron
17.) Iron Man 3
18.) The Incredible Hulk (I only consider the Edward Norton version in this list)
19.) X2
20.) Xmen - The Last Stand

...the Ghost Rider series was absolute trash, The Punisher movies are just old and were not done under the Marvel banner, the previous Fantastic Four was comical (but I'll reserve my judgement for the new reboot), the original Spiderman Series with Toby McGuire was crap (in my opinion), never saw Elektra and Affleck's Daredevil was laughable.

That's about all I could think of myself.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Iron man 2 imo was horrible. I fell asleep about five times trying to watch it. Three was awesome and the latest avengers move was great.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Iron man 2 imo was horrible. I fell asleep about five times trying to watch it. Three was awesome and the latest avengers move was great.

How a person could love part 3 and hate part 2 is just beyond my comprehension...but we do all have our own opinions. I mean they made the Mandarin into a drunken boob! They couldn't have missed that mark on a character more if they had thrown darts at a board blind folded using only their pinky toes. At least Whiplash from Iron Man 2 stayed remotely true to the original character he was based on.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My top five....this is tough

1. Winter soldier
2. Age of ultron
3. Guardians
4. Iron man
5. Avengers

I think.

I don't know. Haha

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
(also, you left out SO many films, so I'm going to assume you're only referring to the ones relevant to the most recent releases...for instance, Blade is a marvel universe character, but not really relevant now).

Well I'm sorry, I was going for the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm sorry, I was going for the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies.

I kind of figured, but with the recent acquisition of Spider Man and the soon to be (hopeful) acquisition of the Xmen franchise, I believe these will be fairly relevant to each other.

It's a real shame Xmen couldn't already be in there...people finding out that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are Magneto's children would be quite a shell shocker I think!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I kind of figured, but with the recent acquisition of Spider Man and the soon to be (hopeful) acquisition of the Xmen franchise, I believe these will be fairly relevant to each other.

It's a real shame Xmen couldn't already be in there...people finding out that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are Magneto's children would be quite a shell shocker I think!

I loved it when quicksilver made a comment about his mom dating someone like magneto (can't remember the exact quote) in days of futures past.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
My own order, with the first Iron Man WAY out in front.

1. Iron Man
2. Captain America
3. Avengers
4. Winter Soldier
5. Guardians of the Galaxy
6. Thor
7. Iron Man 2
8. Thor: Dark World
9. Iron Man 3
10. Age of Ultron

Honestly though, I think that all the movies on this list are great. I would rank almost all of them above any other movie I've seen in the past 5-10 years.

Also shout-out to Agents of Shield, doing a great job at tying the loose threads of the MCU together.

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

The fact you put X Men Origins above, well, anything makes you dead to me! (I tease, I tease)

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The fact you put X Men Origins above, well, anything makes you dead to me! (I tease, I tease)

I actually liked origins! Well...most of it. I HATED what they did do deadpool, and didn't like how they did gambit. I loved schreiber as sabertooth.

If it were written better, it obviously would have been a much better flick.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2