True Detective Season 2

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Can't believe there's no thread dedicated to the first season to begin with?
Who else is excited for season 2, starting in June? I know I am.
To me the first season was hands down the best show on TV I can recall in a long time...therefore I don't think I will be as chuffed with the new cast (Vince Vaughn) , but I might warm up to them eventually. Aside from that I can't wait to see what happens next to the show.
Who else will be watching? What did you think of Mcconaughey/Harrelson?

Find the trailer below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6rTihW6t6E

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Dude I'm so excited!! I loved the first season and eagerly awaited any news regarding the 2nd season.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It looks interesting, but the first season got a little weird for me...it got a little dark in developing the main characters, and kind of turned me off because of such.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It looks interesting, but the first season got a little weird for me...it got a little dark in developing the main characters, and kind of turned me off because of such.

I didn't really enjoy it. Gave it a shot with the first 2 episodes and didn't care for it. I know lots of people swear by it. Just not my cup of tea.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I didn't really enjoy it. Gave it a shot with the first 2 episodes and didn't care for it. I know lots of people swear by it. Just not my cup of tea.

Okay, never mind this.

I was completely wrong about season one. I gave it a chance since it's only 8 episodes and I can't believe how wrong I was about this. Season one is absolutely superb. I think the fact that I was able to just binge watch it without having to wait week-to-week is what helped me like it that much more.

I'm frustrated with season 2 right now because it's just not as good. I like Vince Vaughn, but by god, he is terrible playing a gangster. The way he speaks sounds like one of those old time gangster films from the 40's. He's not very good for the role at all and I'm quite frankly not intrigued much by the character development of any of the characters in season 2. Rachel McAdams is meh. I'm still gonna tune in to the rest of the season but I've already decided season 1 is far superior than season 2.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This season is just plainly not good...Vince Vaughn is awful and his mediocre acting abilities shine through here like crazy. The only redeeming quality to me is Racheal McAdams and that is just because she's not as bad as Vince or Colin Ferrel (who is just too creepy for me to enjoy with that pedophile mustache).

I watched the first 3 episodes and I'm done...removed the season pass from my DVR.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This season is just plainly not good...Vince Vaughn is awful and his mediocre acting abilities shine through here like crazy. The only redeeming quality to me is Racheal McAdams and that is just because she's not as bad as Vince or Colin Ferrel (who is just too creepy for me to enjoy with that pedophile mustache).

I watched the first 3 episodes and I'm done...removed the season pass from my DVR.

Not to mention the inevitable "someone is gay and hiding it" storyline which seems to creep its way into television all the time now which is tired, boring, lazy, and very uninteresting.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention the inevitable "someone is gay and hiding it" storyline which seems to creep its way into television all the time now which is tired, boring, lazy, and very uninteresting.

I kind of got that vibe from McAdams character from the get go...she's so sexually clinical in this show, and it's kind of forced on you.

One thing I really hated was the whole side story about Colin Ferrels kid...the whole fat shaming and bullying thing. It is obsessive, and screams agenda from the writers/producers. I mean sure, you can tie it into the story in a way that makes it relevant, but the way they threw it in there made it seem like one of the writers was either a victim of this or had someone he knew complain about it so they put it in there.

I caught the last episode while I was working and just left it on...watching Vince Vaughn pant and strut around just made me realize that I made the right choice throwing in the towel on this crap.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Ha totally agree Sean watched the first 3 episodes and I'm done just can't get into any of the characters. Frankly I think it would have added to the season if they had actually killed off Farrel's character.

The Lannisters send their regards.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Agreed it's like now every tv show has to have a gay character or a cross dressing character it's getting annoying.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Agreed it's like now every tv show has to have a gay character or a cross dressing character it's getting annoying.

Because it's considered "Brave" story writing...I mean hell, they gave Bruce Jenner's new v*gina an Espy for god's sake.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Because it's considered "Brave" story writing...I mean hell, they gave Bruce Jenner's new ****** an Espy for god's sake.

I know that pisses me off. How can they compare what he did to something you do everyday for us Sean and our marines along with the entire armed forces. I hope it pisses them off too. I'm sorry it's not courageous to say you don't want to be a guy anymore and change sexes. Plus he make a really ugly woman.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know that pisses me off. How can they compare what he did to something you do everyday for us Sean and our marines along with the entire armed forces. I hope it pisses them off too. I'm sorry it's not courageous to say you don't want to be a guy anymore and change sexes. Plus he make a really ugly woman.

lol...it's a can of worms for another thread...suffice to say, I agree whole heartedly with you, and find the idea of giving bravery awards to some mental case, who had psychological problems and solved them by cutting off his ****** and growing boobs in a test tube, quite appalling.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
lol...it's a can of worms for another thread...suffice to say, I agree whole heartedly with you, and find the idea of giving bravery awards to some mental case, who had psychological problems and solved them by cutting off his ****** and growing boobs in a test tube, quite appalling.

Yeah. Pretty sick of hearing the words "brave" and "courageous" being used to describe this guy. My opinion is people like him are mentally ill and I see no purpose he serves of "coming out" and causing a whole charade of this and overly exposing it to all of us. Acting like Bruce Jenner is doing favors for transgenders and this and that. I find him disgusting mostly because I think it's a big maneuver for publicity.

Anyway, we've gone off-topic enough. If someone wants to start a thread on it, be my guest. Season 2 of this show sucks.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
This season is bad. I don't like any of the characters. They are also not interesting at all. Vince Vaughn is horrible. I don't even know what the plot is about, it's all over the place. The shootout was over the top.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
You know one thing that really sticks out at me when I compare the first season to the second? The first season was shot in actual places and opposed to what I can tell is just a set with a sound stage. Apparently the city of Vinci is based off of The City of Vernon in California. Which is like 10 minutes away from where I reside in Bell, CA (some of you might remember the scandal of the city council and mayor that stiffed us and stole a lot of money) Small industrial city with not many residents. The visuals of Vinci are nothing like Vernon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox