Predestination...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So this movie kind of came out of no where...stars Ethan Hawke, and is a very unassuming sci-fi/time travel movie. Hawke plays an "agent" who travels in time to try and adjust the outcome of things. Think Adjustment Bureau, but a A LOT darker, and with the visual cues of Gattica, and the audible hints of V for Vendetta.

I can't get into the story AT ALL without spoiling MAJOR plot points, and trust me, you will not want to be spoiled in this movie, as it is one of the best mind f*ck (forgive my language) movies that I have seen in a very long time!

MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS BELOW...YOU"VE BEEN WARNED! (highlight the text directly below this sentence to read)

So once the mind blowing starts, it just doesn't STOP! When you find out who Jane really was, and who got her pregnant...you're sitting there in a kind of numb state where you just don't know what to think. And then the story progresses, and you find out that everyone you've been watching is the same person, being forced through a time loop that has to be maintained to keep them alive, and that no matter what the older version of John does, there is no breaking out of the loop...if any link in the chain breaks, they ALL cease to exist!

It's just insane. It's been a long time since I watched something that actually made me dig DEEP down to figure out everything. This movie made my brain hurt! LOL!

END SPOILERS! YOU'RE SAFE BELOW!!!!

...great movie, and would love to have some conversations with others who have watched it (with spoiler warnings obviously. I'm really kind of shocked and a little sad the movie didn't get more publicity, because I think it would be a masterpiece if it did. It had so many different flavors of some of my favorite movie makers and films from the past...I was just savoring it like a fine steak!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2