John Wick...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So to start, my wife absolutely hates Keanu Reeves. She can't stand him in anything he's in because she can't understand how he gets work. Me personally, I like him...I've enjoyed the vast majority of his movies in the past, and this was no exception. The real beauty of it though is...my wife absolutely LOVED this movie. Something she specifically told me she had zero interest in seeing before I kind of strong armed her.

For those that don't know, this is a pure, raw revenge story. John Wick (Keanu Reeves) is a former assassin who has "retired" from the world. His wife dies in the movie from cancer, and he takes it pretty badly...she leaves him this adorable little puppy to help him cope with the loss, and it really works for him...then one day a group of Russian thugs (one being the son of a major crime boss) decide they want his car, and they follow him home one night, beat him half the death and they kill his dog.

And then all hell breaks loose...and one of the finest Revenge movies I have ever seen is presented to you in all of it's action packed, gory glory!

I knew this movie was going to be awesome when the mob boss makes a phone call to find out who's car they stole, and when told, his face goes ghostly white, as if he knows the fury that is coming behind John Wick. It was immensely satisfying, and they used this really awesome fighting style with firearms that kind of separated it from your normal action flick...it reminded me of the "Gun-Fu" style you saw in the movie Equilibrium with Christian Bale.

It was brutal and fast paced from beginning to end, and while I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone, I will say that I have rarely been so satisfied with such a story.

A must see in my opinion. It surprised me because I wasn't expecting much and it REALLY impressed me. Better than that, it impressed my wife, and knowing her distaste for Reeves, that says A LOT.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I see that it'll be available for rent via iTunes a week from tomorrow (Feb. 3rd). I'll check it out then. Anyway, thanks for the review...;)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I loved this movie is an absolute must see in the theater!! The action in this movie was incredible. That fight scene in his house was off the chain hell all of them were LOL. I hope there's another one either a prequel or sequel.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I loved this movie is an absolute must see in the theater!! The action in this movie was incredible. That fight scene in his house was off the chain hell all of them were LOL. I hope there's another one either a prequel or sequel.

A prequel would be absolutely amazing! Hell, I'd settle for a spin off story about that "hotel" and what that group of assassins was all about!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
A prequel would be absolutely amazing! Hell, I'd settle for a spin off story about that "hotel" and what that group of assassins was all about!

Yeah that would be awesome! I would love to see them explore more about the Continental and who these assassins are exactly.

I didn't know it was still in theaters.

LOL it's not.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
The one thing to take away from this movie: don't kill his dog. In The Name Of All That Is Holy, do NOT kill his dog.

As for revenge style movies, probably the best one I've ever seen was Payback with Mel Gibson. And probably his best role. He was a pretty bad *** dude in that movie.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
SOMEBODY KILLED A DOG?!?!!? Oh NO HEEEEELLLLL NO!!!!!!

M U R D E R!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Soeasy

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Saw this movie first on IMAX here in NYC then 4 more times...

This movie absolutely KICKS @SS!

Convinced many friends to see and they all came away talking about how good the film was.

They're planning a sequel.

I even picked up the sound track. The song THINK overlayed to the club scene was amazing.

I guess by now you know my opinion on the film. :)

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sean, I can understand your wife's dislike of KR..... he has the most expressionless face in Hollywood if you ask me.

Its like his whole face got a botox shot.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Watched it last night.. was pretty good. Another good one is Denzel Washington's Equalizer.

Absolutely hated Equalizer...movie felt so poorly written, and seemed to have two completely separate plots going on within the same story (and couldn't quite cross them over properly in my opinion). Wasn't even really worth a review to me...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234