American Horror Story: Freak Show...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just finished watching the premiere...I'm going to curse a lot, so if you're offended by that, you should probably leave (but I doubt you are since you wouldn't be interested in this show if you were, LOL!)

So yeah...f*#king AMAZING!

Demented story line? Check.
Amazing cinematography? Check.
Incredible chemistry amongst the cast? Check.

...I gave up on American Horror Story during the 2nd season. It got weird...too weird for me to enjoy. Aliens and mental hospitals and weird dream sequences and stuff...it just lost it's strong hold it had on me and left me looking else where for entertainment. I never got into Coven...not really interested in witches, and my sister, who loved the first two seasons said it was a bit bland.

Then I saw the preview of this season. I was absolutely, 100% on board! Evil circus, weird freaks...I mean it just smelled right to me! My wife (having a huge clown phobia) made it to the intro and quit...she came out to get a glass of water and saw more clown action and said "I will never...EVER...watch that show." After finishing the first damn episode, i can see why!

Gruesome and violent is an understatement. Vivid, raw and unfiltered just doesn't do it justice...

This show is a F$#*ing NIGHTMARE of amazing imagery and audible terror! Like a visual haunted house! And I loved every damn bit of it!

Their use of Hitchcock'esq filming styles just pushed me from a good fan to an absolute NUT about this show. It's not going to appeal to everyone, and it's damn sure going to offend a lot of people, but as for me? I can't wait for more!

Epic. Simply epic!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Dude I haven't seen the show before and the whole circus theme intrigued me. I don't know if I'll stick with it the entire season though but got to say that clown is scary as crap!!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I tried to start watching this on Netflix from Season 1 and it just didn't captivate me.

When I saw the clown image last week I decided to give it a watch. I liked it a lot so I'll watch again this week and see how it goes.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried to start watching this on Netflix from Season 1 and it just didn't captivate me.

When I saw the clown image last week I decided to give it a watch. I liked it a lot so I'll watch again this week and see how it goes.

The first season appealed to me because I really enjoyed *most of Nip/Tuck, and the guys behind this show had a hand in that as well. It got a little weird so I stuck through it and felt it was a decent show for the most part. Season's 2 and 3 were just terrible to me...and I had all but given up on any hope this show could catch my attention again...and I'm glad I was wrong.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And like the other seasons...this one has gone off on a tangent that just does nothing for me. Completely losing my attention and getting back into the weird sexual sub-plots (only this time, it's focusing on gay relationships, which has even less appeal to me). I've got one more episode in me and then I'm done with this show for good...blah.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
And like the other seasons...this one has gone off on a tangent that just does nothing for me. Completely losing my attention and getting back into the weird sexual sub-plots (only this time, it's focusing on gay relationships, which has even less appeal to me). I've got one more episode in me and then I'm done with this show for good...blah.

I was done after the fourth episode. They killed the clown off and I lost interest. I already knew he was done after the fourth episode since I checked out the actor's IMBD and he was listed as "Four Episodes" for the show.

I don't wanna see all the gay dominatrix stuff.

I stopped watching "How to get away with murder" after a couple of episodes when they kept pushing the gay stuff too.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I mean I get it, it's still "edgy" to show this stuff because our society still considers it a bit taboo...but holy christ man, these shows are like shaking dong in my face expecting me to munch on it, and it's so odd and offsetting. I actually removed my season pass on my DVR for AHS, and my wife said she's just about done with that murder show you mentioned as well.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I mean I get it, it's still "edgy" to show this stuff because our society still considers it a bit taboo...but holy christ man, these shows are like shaking dong in my face expecting me to munch on it, and it's so odd and offsetting. I actually removed my season pass on my DVR for AHS, and my wife said she's just about done with that murder show you mentioned as well.

Yup. It's exactly that. It's just a blatant attempt to pour more hot sauce on a already delicious and spicy dish of jambalaya. Stop trying to overdo it. Especially when there's not really a story to tell or get across.

I don't know if you or anyone here has watched 'Masters Of Sex.' It's only 24 episodes so far and I'm on the 14th. There is a story line in it about homosexuality that actually fits PERFECTLY in a side story it's telling. The show takes place around the late 40's and the story is a good entry way in displaying the great lengths people took in trying to "cure" homosexuality. I won't spoil nothing here.

Bottom line: It doesn't go overboard with the constant panting and heavy breathing constantly and constantly. I think there was like one short scene like that and it was over from there.

Bmichael78

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I know how you guys feel, I'm fed up with television trying to push the heterosexual lifestyle in my face. What they do in the bedroom is their business, but I think it's just weird.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know how you guys feel, I'm fed up with television trying to push the heterosexual lifestyle in my face. What they do in the bedroom is their business, but I think it's just weird.

I get that you're trying to take a subtle shot at what we're discussing here, but the truth is, heterosexual sex scenes are such a common place subject matter in television and movies these days that they've more than figured out how to intertwine it into a story without just obviously trying to shove it in your face because they know the shock value of said heterosexual scenes just isn't there.

These shows are exploiting the idea that some people are uncomfortable watching homosexual relations, so they pour it on without filter or legitimate self control...when I'm getting 35% interesting content applicable to the overall story, 15% filler and then 50% raw sexual scenes, it becomes uninteresting, and I think it would be that way regardless of what kind of sexual preferences were being demonstrated.

They don't seem to know how to balance this stuff...so instead, they try to overwhelm you and make you uncomfortable. My complaint is why does it have to be EVERY episode?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I get that you're trying to take a subtle shot at what we're discussing here, but the truth is, heterosexual sex scenes are such a common place subject matter in television and movies these days that they've more than figured out how to intertwine it into a story without just obviously trying to shove it in your face because they know the shock value of said heterosexual scenes just isn't there.

And most of the heterosexual sex scenes on TV nowadays aren't even as heavy as some of the homosexual ones we're talking about here.

Okay, a guy that's married is seeing a young male prostitute on the side. Yeah, great shock value there because that hasn't been done thousands of times already. If anyone watches the pilot of 'Mad Men', it was almost as shocking to see at the end of the show that Don Draper was married with two kids after the way the episode carried on about his seemingly present bachelor life.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods