What movie was better than you thought it would be??

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
For me... it was "8 Mile".

I am not a rap fan or into hip-hop...... nor am I an eminem fan.

But I thought it was a very good movie. I was literally dragged into the theatre to see it, and came out glad that I went in.

What movie surprised you??

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Dog Day Afternoon with Al Pacino. Much better than I thought it would be.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
For me it was Wolf of Wallstreet. I thought it was gonna be some typical boring movie about typical boring wall street stuff, and wow was I wrong. It ended up becoming one of my favorite movies ever! Picked up the Blu Ray first day it was released.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to go with 'Cabin In The Woods.'

Amen to this! Such an underrated horror flick with one of the most bizarre, yet memorable endings I can remember from ANY movie!

Guardians of the Galaxy would be absolutely #1 on my list...and it's relatively new so that should say something. I saw the trailer for this movie, having no experience or knowledge on the comic book other than it existed on a basic level, and thought it was going to be utterly unwatchable. It looked cheesy, it looked ridiculous and it looked so unappealing.

And then I was bored out of my mind on a stormy day and decided I wanted to see a movie...bought tickets to this on a whim and came out of it a full fledged FAN! I love the story, the characters and the way it intertwines in the marvel universe! It was the kind of movie that made me come home and read all I could about the characters in the marvel universe, and afterwards, I was totally hooked!

Then...I was able to convince my wife, who literally told me there was ZERO chance she would ever watch this movie, to go to see it in the theater, and in IMAX no less! She walked away a big fan too!

Easily one of the biggest movies that was epically better than I ever dreamed it would be.

co_mtn_grl

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Amen to this! Such an underrated horror flick with one of the most bizarre, yet memorable endings I can remember from ANY movie!

Guardians of the Galaxy would be absolutely #1 on my list...and it's relatively new so that should say something. I saw the trailer for this movie, having no experience or knowledge on the comic book other than it existed on a basic level, and thought it was going to be utterly unwatchable. It looked cheesy, it looked ridiculous and it looked so unappealing.

And then I was bored out of my mind on a stormy day and decided I wanted to see a movie...bought tickets to this on a whim and came out of it a full fledged FAN! I love the story, the characters and the way it intertwines in the marvel universe! It was the kind of movie that made me come home and read all I could about the characters in the marvel universe, and afterwards, I was totally hooked!

Then...I was able to convince my wife, who literally told me there was ZERO chance she would ever watch this movie, to go to see it in the theater, and in IMAX no less! She walked away a big fan too!

Easily one of the biggest movies that was epically better than I ever dreamed it would be.

Yes!!! I also love GOTG, what a fun movie. And the music is cool too ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" was better than I had expected it to be.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I know I'll get flack for this. But for what I thought 'The Social Network' would be, it was better than my expectations. It's not to say it was a 5-star movie by any stretch, but I like that it had a rhythm to it.

TaniaQ

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
"All is lost" was actually quite good, although you can basically see everything that happens in the trailer. Still the atmosphere was quite intense.

Ger1980

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Recently watched the horror movie, As Above So Below. Heard so-so reviews and was expecting something awful. Was actually surprised that I enjoyed it. It's my surprise of the year!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Recently watched the horror movie, As Above So Below. Heard so-so reviews and was expecting something awful. Was actually surprised that I enjoyed it. It's my surprise of the year!

Totally and completely agree! I actually regretted not seeing it in the theater after watching it...it was very good!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Totally and completely agree! I actually regretted not seeing it in the theater after watching it...it was very good!

I'm glad to be reading the positive review on this! I was actually intrigued by this movie, but every review I read about it was negative.

Now I definitely need to check it out.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad to be reading the positive review on this! I was actually intrigued by this movie, but every review I read about it was negative.

Now I definitely need to check it out.

I just assumed it was another teenagers in peril movie, so I never gave it a chance...after watching it, I realize how fantastic of a horror movie it really is. If you're claustrophobic, it's nightmare fuel...lol! It relies heavily on atmospheric and audible cues to make you uncomfortable...and it does a damn fine job doing it too.

Unfortunately, because of this movie I bought into the idea that The Pyramid was going to be the same...after seeing it in the theater, it definitely was not the same. Not even the same ballpark.

palandri

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Movie: The Theory of Everything

Official Site | The Theory of Everything | Movie Overview

The wife and I went to see this movie. It's the story of Jane and Stephen Hawking. It's a little over 2 hours.

I thoroughly enjoy watching Stephen Hawking specials about the universe on the Science Channel in the states, but I didn't think I would like a drama and romance movie about Stephen Hawking. I thought I would have a hard time sitting there for two hours watching it.

Well I was wrong. It's an outstanding movie and it kept my attention for the whole 2 hours. It's up for best picture of the year, best actor and best actress at the 2015 Oscars.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

The wife and I went to see this movie. It's the story of Jane and Stephen Hawking. It's a little over 2 hours.

I thoroughly enjoy watching Stephen Hawking specials about the universe on the Science Channel in the states, but I didn't think I would like a drama and romance movie about Stephen Hawking. I thought I would have a hard time sitting there for two hours watching it.

Well I was wrong. It's an outstanding movie and it kept my attention for the whole 2 hours. It's up for best picture of the year, best actor and best actress at the 2015 Oscars.

Defiantly checking this out. Already in my wish list.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Thank you for sharing this review...I've avoided this movie because I was never really interested in his life and I've read that it was very sensational. To be honest though, something inside me told me to watch it anyways, and after reading your review, I think I'm going to do just that...just probably at home. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711