What movie are you watching?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I just rented Gravity. I'm glad I rented it, I am out only $4. Major league boring. The only redeeming factor was her in the tight shorty shorts.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This movie was MADE for the IMAX experience. Seriously...I cannot imagine how mediocre that film is at home, even in 3D. You needed the encompassing picture in order to get the full feel of it. Not many movies are made solely for the theater experience, but this one was definitely one of them.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just watched Gravity. Special Effects were great. Pretty exciting movie. Great looking movie. Not a bad rental.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Just finished watching death proof for the first time. Not a bad movie but not one of Tarantino's best IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just finished watching death proof for the first time. Not a bad movie but not one of Tarantino's best IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Death Proof, in my opinion, needed to be enjoyed as a whole package with the other movie, Planet Terror, within the GrindHouse viewing. It had the trailers, it had the concession commercials and what not...it was a total package from Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. GrindHouse all together was a really awesome homage experience and nostalgic as hell. I can understand how a person might watch either on their own and kind of thing "That was mediocre...", and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why IFC and other channels play them split up on their own...it really ruins the experience.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Death Proof, in my opinion, needed to be enjoyed as a whole package with the other movie, Planet Terror, within the GrindHouse viewing. It had the trailers, it had the concession commercials and what not...it was a total package from Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. GrindHouse all together was a really awesome homage experience and nostalgic as hell. I can understand how a person might watch either on their own and kind of thing "That was mediocre...", and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why IFC and other channels play them split up on their own...it really ruins the experience.

I haven't watch Planet Terror or GrindHouse either, and I had no idea that those movies all went together. I received the Tarantino XX movie collection for Christmas and Death Proof was one of the films included. It did seem like a completely random movie and now I probably know why. I'll be sure to check out Planet Terror and GrindHouse.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yup, it was released in the theaters as "GrindHouse" and it was really awesome...we got to see a red carpet premiere of it, and the experience was really cool. Robert Rodriguez actually did a Q&A afterwards and specifically said "This is a package deal, you don't release one without the other..." (because the studios wanted to release them separately for financial reasons and they both refused).

To clarify, the two movies together were called GrindHouse...GrindHouse wasn't another film. This was to pay tribute to the old 70's sexploitation theater houses that were called Grind Houses.

10.jpg

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I recently watched the hangover 3 (ok, I bought it for $10)...very disappointing. I wasn't expecting a masterpiece, but was expecting a few laughs. I was let down and held laugh less.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh