Boardwalk Empire

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Kind of surprised there isn't a thread for this show. The season ended a week ago. Anyone watch? This is one of my favorite shows currently. This past season was really really good IMO. It may be a little slow moving at times but I find I really enjoy the spectacle of it and the performances are gripping. They could probably put Steve Buscemi in anything and I would watch.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen it, but I was interested in watching it when I initially saw the advertising for it a while back. I just never got around to watching it.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
OMG OMG OMG I love it too! This season was the best to date! I love how they mix in actual characters from history. Now I KNOW they take liberties with history, but who cares it's drama, it's what's the term? Literary license? This last episode just blew me away. Now I have a feeling that this next season, season 5 will be the last one. This is a common for HBO, think Oz, Sopranos, etc, AND history has the real Nucky Johnson (It's Johnson in real life) actually going to prison in 1941. I think next season will focus on them finally closing in on Nucky. BUT who knows!

Anyways you are NOT the only fan! Glad you started this thread!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I gave this show a chance a few times...I think I got about 5-6 episodes in and just wasn't getting into it. This seems to shock EVERY person I tell because of the kinds of shows I typically really like. This show seems like it would be a shoe in, but alas, I haven't found the appeal (for me). I might give it another shot over the holidays, I'm going to need some filler shows and I really want to like this...perhaps I'm just not a fan of the period, which is what is worrying me about this new Mob City show coming.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox