Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

The movie, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire", debuts tomorrow, November 22, 2013, at theaters everywhere. Are you going to watch it? Did you watch the first one? Have you read the book? In any case, the first movie and book were quite popular and many people feel that "...Catching Fire" will be even better. What do you all think?

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire-hunger-games-catching-fire-wallpaper-01-1024x819.jpg
    JoyfulHeart35 likes this.
    Super Moderator

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Watched the first one, probably will go see the second one but certainly not on opening night lol. I didn't however read any of the books. I loved the first movie plus you know.. Jennifer Lawrence.
    Chris Parsons
    Twitter: @Bla1ze

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry ]

Global Posts
    5,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

I'll wait until it shows up on Netflix.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Liked it better when it was called "Battle Royale." Lol

Anyway, saw the first one with my fiancée. One of our first dates. Probably just wait until this one it hits Netflix.
    sting7k likes this.
    iMore Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 7

I read the books, saw the first movie, and will see Catching Fire tomorrow night. I am looking forward to it.
    iMore Newbie

iOS Version
    Beta

I am SO excited for this you have no idea. I was going to take this girl, but long story short, that won't be happening anymore. No plans yet, but it has to happen pretty damn soon.
    iPhone 4siPad (3rd generation)Mac mini (late 2012)Nikon D5200 (Flickr)

Saw the first one, was good, will see the second one but will Waite for it to come out on disk.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Going to see it in IMAX on Sunday with the wife.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Going to see it in IMAX on Sunday with the wife.
    Can we count on reading your review of it?........You are, after all, the resident movie reviewer...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

So...I don't even know where to begin, so I'll simply start by saying that this movie was one of the BEST films I have seen in a very long time. SO SO GOOD.

I've never read one of these books, and seriously don't have a clue what's coming next (including going into this movie), and man, all the better for that I think, because it was FULL of surprises! This movie was on a whole new level vs. the first film, including action sequences and intensity. This movie was like the roided up version of the first film!

**Spoilers Ahead...stop here if you want to be surprised!**

So I had NO idea that there were more games coming in this movie! I was already captivated by the turmoil that the characters were experiencing having to travel from district to district apologizing for winning the games and killing these people's family member/friend/neighbor, and then BAM, the hunger games part 2...LITERALLY! And this time, they are freakin' nuts! haha...best of the best going against each other! It was amazing!

And once you get through a portion of that, the uprising begins!

**SPOILERS END**

I seriously cannot wait to see the next one. It makes me sad that it's over a year away, because I would go see that thing TOMORROW! War is coming! And it's going to be amazing!

Lots of beer...lots and lots of beer is my review. x 1,000,000
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    sting7k, taz323 and dianahk like this.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Global Posts
    19,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

So...I don't even know where to begin, so I'll simply start by saying that this movie was one of the BEST films I have seen in a very long time. SO SO GOOD.

I've never read one of these books, and seriously don't have a clue what's coming next (including going into this movie), and man, all the better for that I think, because it was FULL of surprises! This movie was on a whole new level vs. the first film, including action sequences and intensity. This movie was like the roided up version of the first film!

So I had NO idea that there were more games coming in this movie! I was already captivated by the turmoil that the characters were experiencing having to travel from district to district apologizing for winning the games and killing these people's family member/friend/neighbor, and then BAM, the hunger games part 2...LITERALLY! And this time, they are freakin' nuts! haha...best of the best going against each other! It was amazing!

**SPOILERS END**

I seriously cannot wait to see the next one. It makes me sad that it's over a year away, because I would go see that thing TOMORROW! War is coming! And it's going to be amazing!

Outstanding. I'll try to check it out this weekend. Thanks for the review, Sean...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,160 Global Posts
    iOS Version

We saw it on Saturday night, 12 of us went, and we were all unanimous that Catching Fire was even better than Hunger Games ! I only read the first book so this movie was a total surprise. Loved it and want to go see it again but will wait till it comes out on dvd. Like SeanHRCC I'm so ready for the next one !
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Just waiting the dvd omg that guy......
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,363 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Very glad to hear. I liked the first movie but it was completely predictable. Traveling this week so won't get to see it until next weekend.
    -Randy

Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfPhoneWar View Post
    Just waiting the dvd omg that guy......
    I collect movies. How is this an issue.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    I collect movies. How is this an issue.

Im talking about that guy called josh hutcherson i just find him hot thats all
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

And i just waiting the dvd to come cos im not going to the cinema

Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfPhoneWar View Post
    Im talking about that guy called josh hutcherson i just find him hot thats all
    My bad, lol thought was in regard to the post I made here about waiting for it to come out on disk.
    Taz323

Community Rules & Guidelines
    App and Developer Rules & Guidelines
    Marketplace Rules & Guidelines
    TiredOfPhoneWar likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taz323 View Post
    My bad, lol thought was in regard to the post I made here about waiting for it to come out on disk.
    I was afraid you think so
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    467 Global Posts

If i watch cathing fire it will be just to see him
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,813 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

I'm going wed night can't wait everyone says it's really really good
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

It was awesome in IMAX. The first half of the movie was in scope and when they finally enter the arena, you can see the screen opening up. The last half of the movie was shot in IMAX, probably 40-50 minutes of it. Enjoyed it better than the first IMO.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by vp_ortiz View Post
    It was awesome in IMAX. The first half of the movie was in scope and when they finally enter the arena, you can see the screen opening up. The last half of the movie was shot in IMAX, probably 40-50 minutes of it. Enjoyed it better than the first IMO.
    This element was a really awesome phase I thought...it felt like you entered a new world when the screen switched aspect ratio, and even I, who has seen tons of IMAX movies (including The Dark Knight Rises, which I think holds the record for most IMAX footage) was just in awe visually.

Cool to see someone else pays attention to this stuff! I kind of feel obligated to spending $20/ticket to see the movies, lol!
    vp_ortiz likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,813 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Really good movie I enjoyed it my friend wore her district 12 replica shirt lol I told her it's now vintage and she needs to sell it
    dianahk likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts
    iOS Version

**SPOILERS END**

I agree with all you posted. I just want to add a few other things..

Just saw it yesterday with my family. Awesome movie. Yes, it was like there were two parts to this film. The first one, where we get to see the aftermath of the first movie. The way it affected Katniss and sort of sparked a rebel-spirit among the other Panem inhabitants. Then the second part, it's like Hunger Games v2.0. The games bigger, better, and grander in scale. There's also less focus between the action of the participants and more on how they deal with such a very dangerous environment.

And, Jennifer Lawrence is as still as awesome as ever!

My only gripe is how the ending feels somewhat abrupt. Maybe it's also how the book ended and they are just following it, I don't know.
    And, I'm not sure if it's just the cinema where I watched it or the film was really filmed that way, but I find some of the scenes a bit too dark that I'm having some trouble following some movements (but it may also be because of my bad eyesight).

Overall, it's a really great film. And I enjoyed it very much!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast