The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

vp_ortiz

May 4, 2012
Visit site
It was awesome in IMAX. The first half of the movie was in scope and when they finally enter the arena, you can see the screen opening up. The last half of the movie was shot in IMAX, probably 40-50 minutes of it. Enjoyed it better than the first IMO.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It was awesome in IMAX. The first half of the movie was in scope and when they finally enter the arena, you can see the screen opening up. The last half of the movie was shot in IMAX, probably 40-50 minutes of it. Enjoyed it better than the first IMO.

This element was a really awesome phase I thought...it felt like you entered a new world when the screen switched aspect ratio, and even I, who has seen tons of IMAX movies (including The Dark Knight Rises, which I think holds the record for most IMAX footage) was just in awe visually.

Cool to see someone else pays attention to this stuff! I kind of feel obligated to spending $20/ticket to see the movies, lol!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Really good movie I enjoyed it my friend wore her district 12 replica shirt lol I told her it's now vintage and she needs to sell it

zdn1042

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
So...I don't even know where to begin, so I'll simply start by saying that this movie was one of the BEST films I have seen in a very long time. SO SO GOOD.

I've never read one of these books, and seriously don't have a clue what's coming next (including going into this movie), and man, all the better for that I think, because it was FULL of surprises! This movie was on a whole new level vs. the first film, including action sequences and intensity. This movie was like the roided up version of the first film!

**Spoilers Ahead...stop here if you want to be surprised!**

So I had NO idea that there were more games coming in this movie! I was already captivated by the turmoil that the characters were experiencing having to travel from district to district apologizing for winning the games and killing these people's family member/friend/neighbor, and then BAM, the hunger games part 2...LITERALLY! And this time, they are freakin' nuts! haha...best of the best going against each other! It was amazing!

And once you get through a portion of that, the uprising begins!

**SPOILERS END**

I seriously cannot wait to see the next one. It makes me sad that it's over a year away, because I would go see that thing TOMORROW! War is coming! And it's going to be amazing!

Lots of beer...lots and lots of beer is my review. :beer: x 1,000,000

I agree with all you posted. I just want to add a few other things..

Just saw it yesterday with my family. Awesome movie. Yes, it was like there were two parts to this film. The first one, where we get to see the aftermath of the first movie. The way it affected Katniss and sort of sparked a rebel-spirit among the other Panem inhabitants. Then the second part, it's like Hunger Games v2.0. The games bigger, better, and grander in scale. There's also less focus between the action of the participants and more on how they deal with such a very dangerous environment.

And, Jennifer Lawrence is as still as awesome as ever!

My only gripe is how the ending feels somewhat abrupt. Maybe it's also how the book ended and they are just following it, I don't know.
And, I'm not sure if it's just the cinema where I watched it or the film was really filmed that way, but I find some of the scenes a bit too dark that I'm having some trouble following some movements (but it may also be because of my bad eyesight).

Overall, it's a really great film. And I enjoyed it very much!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree with all you posted. I just want to add a few other things..

Just saw it yesterday with my family. Awesome movie. Yes, it was like there were two parts to this film. The first one, where we get to see the aftermath of the first movie. The way it affected Katniss and sort of sparked a rebel-spirit among the other Panem inhabitants. Then the second part, it's like Hunger Games v2.0. The games bigger, better, and grander in scale. There's also less focus between the action of the participants and more on how they deal with such a very dangerous environment.

And, Jennifer Lawrence is as still as awesome as ever!

My only gripe is how the ending feels somewhat abrupt. Maybe it's also how the book ended and they are just following it, I don't know.
And, I'm not sure if it's just the cinema where I watched it or the film was really filmed that way, but I find some of the scenes a bit too dark that I'm having some trouble following some movements (but it may also be because of my bad eyesight).

Overall, it's a really great film. And I enjoyed it very much!

No it was abrupt I felt the same but I think that's how it is in the book too.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I finally got the opportunity to see the movie yesterday afternoon, and it was definitely better than the first, but seeing the first movie would be helpful in understanding the second. I liked the movie and enjoyed watching it, but like others have already stated, it ended too abruptly for my liking.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
No it was abrupt I felt the same but I think that's how it is in the book too.

I haven't seen the movie yet but the book ending was abrupt.

One minute, you're reading sentences then it's over with.

I plan on going to see the movie next week. I'm on vacation all next week. :)

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
It ends abruptly almost like the book...keeps you coming back for more!!! I loved it and can't wait for mocking jay next year (although that one will be 2 separate movies!)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
It ended like this intentionally...to force us to see the next part. Not the first movie with such ending.

No, it ended like this intentionally because this is how the book ended. And yeah, more movies ended like this. Off the top of my head, Twilight. Yeah I know, bad example but New Moon ended abruptly like CF did.