Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor (In Theaters)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

Coming soon to a theater or TV near you the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary special!!!! Unfortunately most of us have missed the boat to get the VERY limited tickets to see it on 11/23, BUT there are plenty of tickets to see it on 11/25. You can also see it on TV in most countries BBC America for me on the 23rd. HOWEVER in theaters its going to be in 3D and with extra content, or so they are saying. There are 3 Doctors in it, Matt Smith, David Tennant and John Hurt!!!!!!! And of course it would not surprise me if the new one makes an appearance at the end, but they might save that for the Christmas special.

Anyways, here's more info....

'Doctor Who' 50th Anniversary: BBC AMERICA Announces 3D Screening Events | Anglophenia | BBC America

Last edited:

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I was kind of disappointed that they only really got David Tennant to participate in the 50th. I'm old school enough that I would have liked to see Baker (Tom or Colin lol) but would have been fine with Eccleston.

At the risk of being burned alive, I find Tennant a wee bit overrated as the Doctor but most newer fans have First Doctor Syndrome with him so it makes sense lol

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I was kind of disappointed that they only really got David Tennant to participate in the 50th. I'm old school enough that I would have liked to see Baker (Tom or Colin lol) but would have been fine with Eccleston.

At the risk of being burned alive, I find Tennant a wee bit overrated as the Doctor but most newer fans have First Doctor Syndrome with him so it makes sense lol

I grew up with Tom Baker so I would have LOVED to see him! And I heard that there were talks with Eccleston, but ultimately it was decided to proceed without him, not sure which side declined, BUT I know they talked. Obviously they would have had to get ANOTHER actor to play him, but a stand in for Hartnell would have been cool too.

Of course we DO have this to look forward too.....

An Adventure in Space and Time - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Oh man! I didn't know about this. It looks great. I have almost all of Hartnell on DVD (sans a couple stories that have been released since my Great Hartnell DVD Purchase :p) and his run has a soft spot in my heart. Gatiss could write anything after the genius that is Sherlock and I'd give it a go.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Oh man! I didn't know about this. It looks great. I have almost all of Hartnell on DVD (sans a couple stories that have been released since my Great Hartnell DVD Purchase :p) and his run has a soft spot in my heart. Gatiss could write anything after the genius that is Sherlock and I'd give it a go.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Shown in America on the 22nd (UK on the 21st)

‘An Adventure in Space and Time’ Premieres November 22 on BBC America - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
If you can't get out to the theater you can watch on BBC America, or your local channel on Saturday. They can to simulcast in most place so you can watch at the same time it's broadcast live on BBC One. :)

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site

You can't be disappointed........... yet. Rule #1 - Moffat lies lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2