Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Actual

Global Posts
    2,360 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Jobs movie reviews

If you've seen Ashton Kutcher's Jobs movie, leave a review here and we'll round them up and post some of the best bits on the home page! Yup, it's iMore community review time!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,235 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default Re: Jobs movie reviews

I usually write a pretty lengthy review for the films me and my wife see, but this time I'm going to be short and sweet (because the next 5 words perfectly surmise my thoughts on it)...

This movie was absolutely terrible.

The acting was horrific, the story was some weird "super hero" like telling of a story that could have been epic if they had just made it interesting instead of trying to make it so dramatic. Half way through the film, i found myself wondering how the producers could have possibly thought someone would walk away from the experience feeling satisfied. Words like travesty come to mind...a COMPLETE waste of time.

What a shame.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

The movie is a collection of moments, with no particular aim, no attempt to really explain the man, even reductively. Was a collection of greatest hits.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts

Pro tip.

Movies that open/lead Sundance(film festival) are great movies, worth your time.

However movies that close Sundance are usually terrible and not worth your time.

This film closed Sundance.

Also there will be another Jobs movie based on the book. This movie has better writers and is due out next year. The top writer is Sorkin(I totally butchered that spelling).
    trickedoutdavid likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,235 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

There was an article I saw on reddit that I think hit the nail on the head when it comes to perfectly simple reviews of this movie...

"The film "Jobs" is the quintessential "Steve Jobs for Dummies" book. Enough content to inform anyone watching, but not enough to call it "accurate".

I whole heartedly agree.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Brennybhoy likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,841 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

I was really look forward to seeing this movie now not sure if i should wait to rent it

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    I was really look forward to seeing this movie now not sure if i should wait to rent it

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    Not going to waste my time going to the theatre... might rent it, not sure...
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina

Global Posts
    14,651 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    Not going to waste my time going to the theatre... might rent it, not sure...
    Yep I'm with you.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

I heard that it doesn't even show the keynotes of the ipad, iphone or ipod touch, neither does it talk about his last days?
    I would have liked it if it went deep in to the last of his days showing how the iphone 4 was born and how he passed the torch to tim cook.

Global Posts
    20,310 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    There was an article I saw on reddit ...(snipped)
    Sean, speaking of Reddit, do you access it via a browser or an app?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,235 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Sean, speaking of Reddit, do you access it via a browser or an app?
    Both! I use Alien Blue on iPhone and iPad, as it has performed as the better app over those available.

Global Posts
    20,310 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Both! I use Alien Blue on iPhone and iPad, as it has performed as the better app over those available.
    Okay. Thanks, Sean. I actually float back & forth between Alien Blue and Ruby for Reddit.

Global Posts
    5,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Alien Blue for me as well. iPhone and iPad versions.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,197 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I was a fan of Jobs and loved Apple but lets get real, this movie should never have been meant for theater. I won't waste my time. I read his book. That was satisfying enough for me.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    I was a fan of Jobs and loved Apple but lets get real, this movie should never have been meant for theater. I won't waste my time. I read his book. That was satisfying enough for me.
    It was a typical money grab, trying to cash in on the passing of Mr Jobs. Unfortunately, way too many problems with the film, the production, etc... this one should be a poster child for "screwing the pooch".
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,235 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Lifetime Original...at least then the standard would have been lowered enough to make sense of the mess.

Global Posts
    15,552 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Shame they got so many parts wrong... Make it true or make nothing at all. And Keep it real.... Guessing that is tough these days in movies....... SMH
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

Community Manager

Global Posts
    3,349 Global Posts

Good or bad, accurate or inaccurate... I'm looking forward to catching this movie... if for nothing else, to compare my knowledge of Jobs vs. the reality depicted on-screen. I just hope I don't come out of the theatre angry.
    James Falconer
    Community Manager, Mobile Nations
    Email: james@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @JamesFalconer

Global Posts
    11,537 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by James Falconer View Post
    Good or bad, accurate or inaccurate... I'm looking forward to catching this movie... if for nothing else, to compare my knowledge of Jobs vs. the reality depicted on-screen. I just hope I don't come out of the theatre angry.
    What's depicted on screen is not reality...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

I find it rather ironic that the master of "distortion reality"is getting Jobbed so badly in a "biopict".

Global Posts
    3,508 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Seeing the movie posters of Ashton Kutcher sitting on that desk supposedly Steve Jobs
    was enough for me not wanting to go watch it. I don't buy him as Steve Jobs at all. I pro-
    bably already felt negative about it because I don't like Ashton Kutcher as an actor at all.
    AT ALL. I think he's really, really bad. These reviews don't surprise me in the least. I'll
    wait to get it on Redbox for a buck.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisgarcia View Post
    I heard that it doesn't even show the keynotes of the ipad, iphone or ipod touch, neither does it talk about his last days?
    I would have liked it if it went deep in to the last of his days showing how the iphone 4 was born and how he passed the torch to tim cook.
    I agree. It left off prior to the introduction of some of the most defining products in Apple's history. I love the historical value of how the company came to be but it left me wanting more. I took my son to the movie (we are both Apple geeks). When the movie ended we looked at each other and said "that's the end" lol! We both were hoping they would go into the creation of the iPod, iPhone and iPad. Hoping for a more complete movie in the future.
    Last edited by MrMars; 08-24-2013 at 09:11 PM.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by MrMars View Post
    I agree. It left off prior to the introduction of some of the most defining products in Apple's history. I love the historical value of how the company came to be but it left me wanting more. I took my son to the movie (we are both Apple geeks). When the movie ended we looked at each other and said "that's the end" lol! We too were hoping they would go into the creation of the iPod, iPhone and iPad. Hoping for a more compete movie in the future.
    Wouldn't it be cool if it were like that? And they at least showed the more revolutionary products like the iPhone and iPad? Also would have been awesome if Ashton kutcher as Steve jobs gave us an iPhone 5s keynote at the end of the movie haha
    MrMars likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,235 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisgarcia View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if it were like that? And they at least showed the more revolutionary products like the iPhone and iPad? Also would have been awesome if Ashton kutcher as Steve jobs gave us an iPhone 5s keynote at the end of the movie haha
    I had a hard time believing the movie could be worse than it actually was...if what you just wrote had happened, it would have been so bad that i would have walked out before it ended. The idea of Ashton Kutcher giving the keynote is so laughable to me, I'd classify the film as a comedy at that point.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

It was upsetting to see them not talk much about Jobs as a person, but decided to talk more about the conpany than the person (one of the main people) who made it. Should have been called Apple instead of Jobs.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast