Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,971 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default Breaking Bad...

I can't believe there's not already a Breaking Bad thread.

That said...just finished season premier and my only words are HOLY SH*T! When he said "Tread lightly.", I nearly lost it!

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but does anyone else watch it?
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Default Re: Breaking Bad...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post

That said...just finished season premier and my only words are HOLY SH*T! When he said "Tread lightly.", I nearly lost it!

I can't get into this show. I've tried 3 times now.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

I'm in the middle of season 4 trying to get caught up! I love it!
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,971 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by madeinhb View Post
    I can't get into this show. I've tried 3 times now.
    That is truly a shame.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Heisenberg likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,113 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Breaking Bad...

The minute Hank started closing the garage door I thought "uh oh". That entire last sequence was a long time coming and tense as hell. And Walt going Heisenberg on his own family? He's too far gone now.
    Former BlackBerry Pearl 8130, Curve 8330, Storm 1, Palm Pre, Galaxy S Vibrant, HTC Desire Z, back to Galaxy S, iPhone 4 White 16GB, BB Bold 9900 White (sold), back to iPhone 4, SGS3 Pebble Blue, SGS3 Garnet Red, BlackBerry Z10 White, 16Gb iPhone 5 White

Global Posts
    2,986 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    The minute Hank started closing the garage door I thought "uh oh". That entire last sequence was a long time coming and tense as hell. And Walt going Heisenberg on his own family? He's too far gone now.
    Was very surprised to see Hank confront him about it in the first episode. I love how they wrote that scene
    to just dive into it and be direct. Evidenced by when Walt just straight brought out the GPS device.

I think the reason that Carol (the neighbor) dropped her grocery bags when Walt said hello was not because
    she was scared. It's probably because everyone was under the belief that Walt is dead. Seeing Heisenberg
    spraypainted on the wall didn't necessarily mean to me that the whole neighborhood figured him out. Maybe
    it was just someone close to him. I think he's going to kill himself. Having that M-60 is to defend himself against
    an entire group of people. Maybe to save someone and use the ricin to kill himself.

I also couldn't help but notice how much Walt mirrored Gus Fring. The way he was working at the car wash. All
    courteous and pleasant. Just like Gus was at Los Pollos Hermanos. Even the way Gus would speak to Walt when
    Walt would come talk to him at the restaurant. He did that with Lidia.

I'm also surprised that in the reviews I've read today that nobody has mentioned Declan. The guy from Arizona that
    Heisenberg struck a deal with.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64gb
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,113 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Someone at Television without Pity pointed out that every time Walt kills someone he takes on a characteristic of them.

Walt kills Crazy 8 and starts eating his sandwiches cut the same specific way as he asked for.

Walt kills Mike and starts drinking his drinks like Mike did.

Walt, when he threw up last night from chemo, folded up a towel and put it on the floor to cushion his knees like Gus did when he revenge poisoned everyone at the pool party (Gus forced himself to throw up the poison he drank to prove it wasnt poisoned).

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.
    Former BlackBerry Pearl 8130, Curve 8330, Storm 1, Palm Pre, Galaxy S Vibrant, HTC Desire Z, back to Galaxy S, iPhone 4 White 16GB, BB Bold 9900 White (sold), back to iPhone 4, SGS3 Pebble Blue, SGS3 Garnet Red, BlackBerry Z10 White, 16Gb iPhone 5 White

Global Posts
    2,986 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Or when he made the 52 with bacon on his birthday during the first episode of season 5.
    I would hope he didn't kill Skyler.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64gb
    reeneebob likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,113 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Or when he made the 52 with bacon on his birthday during the first episode of season 5.
    I would hope he didn't kill Skyler.
    Oh lord. That hadn't even occurred to me.

Global Posts
    2,986 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Notice that in the flash forwards of Walt as "Mr. Lambert" he's wearing Jesse's coat jacket that he's worn. I think it was that "Fly" episode. Breaking Bad...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1376366475.671890.jpg
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64gb
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,971 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

The last three posts in this thread just blew my mind...lol. Seriously, I didn't even think about Walt taking on the various characteristics of the people he killed, but it's so blatantly obvious it can't be simple coincidence.

And yes, I absolutely loved the fact that they dived head on into the confrontation between Hank and Walt...I seriously didn't expect that in the first episode, and when it happened me and my wife were both floored, because they could have dragged that out (like most shows would have) through half this final season, but BAM, you get this ultimate show down right off the start, and that makes me fearful for Walt's safety, because Hank isn't one to simply sit back and let him do that, he's going to come full force after him now to protect everyone, including Walt's kids who he's obviously taken a fatherly love for now.

It's going to be one hell of a ride this season if this episode is any indication.

I have a feeling Hank will kill Jesse, Walt will kill Hank, Skyler will end up being killed by a competing drug cartel (maybe the guys who were trying to buy the methlanol from Mike and Jesse)...and in the end, Walt will be left alone (his kids will end up with Skyler's sister, i can never remember her name), and I agree with the comment above, suicide almost seems fitting to the direction of the story.

Those are just my theories.

Global Posts
    2,986 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

The notion is that when Walt is now Mr. Lambert and sitting in that Denny's the assumption
    is that it's his 52nd birthday which makes the story exactly two years old. Even shows the
    waitress his New Hampshire ID to prove it's his birthday. So from the point we're at now that
    would make the flash forwards six months after Hank finds out. Here are my questions:

If Walt used Saul's guy that could change his identity and all then why would he make a new
    identity with exactly the same birthday? Just because he's making out the 52 with the bacon
    doesn't mean it's really his birthday. Maybe the ID has a birthday of another date and he's
    making out the 52 anyway. I'm not convinced that this is only six months after the fact. I
    love this freaking show.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64gb
    SeanHRCC likes this.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,971 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I also love it...one of the best shows I've ever watched. Makes it depressing knowing we're about a hair away from completion.
    Heisenberg likes this.

Global Posts
    2,986 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

I like that Vince Gilligan isn't going to drag the series like you would typically see. I don't know how long you could really milk a story like this. It's perfect to me.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64gb
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    6,113 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The thing is that I started out really feeling badly for Walt and now he's so far gone I can't feel that way anymore. Started out thinking Jesse was a strung out ***** and now I'm rooting for him.

16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,971 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

The crossover of character traits has been very awesome between Jesse and Walt...the moral and ethical trade off between the two of them was one of the best contrasting character arcs I've ever seen.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

I am in the process of starting this series. I have heard nothing but great things about it.
    Devices | iPhone 5 16 GIG Black & Slate | iPad 2 16 GIG White | Macbook Pro 13-inch

Global Posts
    2,986 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Quote Originally Posted by reeneebob View Post
    The thing is that I started out really feeling badly for Walt and now he's so far gone I can't feel that way anymore. Started out thinking Jesse was a strung out ***** and now I'm rooting for him.

The show basically puts you in a dilemma of when you get off the Walter White bandwagon and stop rooting for him. When I watched him in that scene with Hank I felt like his threat to him was one of sorrow and Hank's words to him weren't anger. Just utter sadness and disappointment. Yet, watching that scene, I still want Walt to get away with it.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64gb
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,253 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post

Walt and Hank in Garage > Red Wedding.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,971 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

So I wanted to throw something hard at the TV last night when the door closed and the credits started rolling...DAMN YOU CLIFF HANGERS!
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,638 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Am I the only person who never could get in to this show? I started watching it on Neflix because everyone kept telling me how good it was. I watched the first 3 episodes and quit. I just couldn't get in to it. I did think it was funny that dude cooks in his underpants.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently
    Thanked by:
    Chadha (08-21-2013)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GingerSnapsBack View Post
    Am I the only person who never could get in to this show? I started watching it on Neflix because everyone kept telling me how good it was. I watched the first 3 episodes and quit. I just couldn't get in to it. I did think it was funny that dude cooks in his underpants.
    I'm with you. Couldn't get into it either.
    Thanked by:
    Chadha (08-21-2013)
  23. Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,971 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

My wife didn't care for the show but kept watching it and fell in love with it towards the end of the 1st season...she marathon'ed the rest of it up through the 3rd season over a couple of week period and then hasn't missed an episode since! Some people may just not get it...but I would certainly suggest trying more than just the first 3 episodes, the story really didn't find it's true "life" until Jesse and Walt developed a decent relationship (which was towards the end of the 1st season).

Global Posts
    2,986 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Not everyone's cup of tea. I've never had any interest in 'The Sopranos' and it's pretty
    popular and considered one of the top 10 tv shows of all-time. I just couldn't get into it.
    I can understand not getting into BB, too.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64gb

Global Posts
    2,986 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

And I knew we'd be seeing Declan at some point. As soon as I saw Lidia meeting up with
    him, I could sense all those guys were going to die.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64gb
    SeanHRCC likes this.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast