Despicable Me 2...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So it rained through the entire 4th of July weekend here in Atlanta...BBQ's and Fireworks were a soggy mess, and we decided on Friday to spend the day chilling at the theater. My niece really loved it, but she also was infatuated with the first movie so that was really no surprise. What i didn't expect is how much I would love it! It was simply awesome, funny and to me, WAY better than Monsters U. It had plenty of adult humor in it to keep it interesting, but the story was also quite entertaining...this is a solid franchise.

I liked the first movie, it was funny but I never really watched it again after the first viewing...I could see myself watching this one a few times.

The 3D was also very funny. You could tell they took some time trying to create a worth while 3D experience.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Excellent. Thanks, Sean. My youngest one wants to see it so I will definitely take him. :)

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Funny movie especially when the Minions were doing their thing. The main character is more interesting though when he's being..well..despicable which hopefully he gets back to being in any more sequels.

I had read the USAtoday review 'Despicable Me 2': Turns out a good Gru is less fun before seeing it with my daughter and still don't get parts of his review.

There's a short-lived romance between Gru's oldest daughter, Margo (Miranda Cosgrove), and Antonio (Moises Arias), Eduardo's son. Gru takes an immediate dislike to Antonio. Because the screenwriters don't bother to develop the characters of either father or son, Gru's reactions seem borderline racist.

Borderline racist?? I disagree.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I had read the USAtoday review 'Despicable Me 2': Turns out a good Gru is less fun before seeing it with my daughter and still don't get parts of his review.

Borderline racist?? I disagree.

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read..."borderline racist"? Where on earth did they get that? It was pretty much SHOVED in your face from the moment Gru asked her who she was texting that he was against her dating, and then his reaction to seeing them dance...how anyone could construe that as racism and not just a dad being overly protective is absurd. I guess it's not really surprising though in this time of media sensationalism...turning it into a race thing seems to be the M.O. of a lot of these places these days. They might as well say Gru was against Treyvon Martin, lol!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read..."borderline racist"? Where on earth did they get that? It was pretty much SHOVED in your face from the moment Gru asked her who she was texting that he was against her dating, and then his reaction to seeing them dance...how anyone could construe that as racism and not just a dad being overly protective is absurd. I guess it's not really surprising though in this time of media sensationalism...turning it into a race thing seems to be the M.O. of a lot of these places these days. They might as well say Gru was against Treyvon Martin, lol!

[rant]
This is a perfect example of how incredibly stupid political correctness and affirmative action have become. Perhaps there (is) was a point to be made "back in the day" when these policies were first introduced... but they have completely run amok and taken on lives of their own. You can?t even watch a freaking kid's animated movie without some ne'er-do-well crying about how something is not right or unfair. News flash: life is not fair. Deal with it. Now, shut the heck up about PC and AA and let us enjoy the movie.
[rant off]

Carry on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods