Iron Man 3...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
More like Iron meh 3...I wasn't impressed at all, and while i've probably seen the first two films a hundred times a piece, I will probably never watch this one again. Cheesy "wit", horrible writers, story full of plot holes and telling fans that The Mandarin was in this film was about as accurate as telling us that Spider Man and Chuck Norris were in it.

Entertaining but underwhelming.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My son wants to see it so I will take him some time next week. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Iron Man series, but I did find the first 2 movies entertaining. Hopefully, the latest version will be as well. We'll see...:)

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
More like Iron meh 3...I wasn't impressed at all, and while i've probably seen the first two films a hundred times a piece, I will probably never watch this one again. Cheesy "wit", horrible writers, story full of plot holes and telling fans that The Mandarin was in this film was about as accurate as telling us that Spider Man and Chuck Norris were in it.

I actually enjoyed it. I would have liked it more if it would have followed the comic book story line but that would have made a 3-4 hour movie. I probably won't watch it again but it was nice to watch in 3D.

The spin on the Mandarin was a let down.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I liked it. I haven't read the comics, so it didn't bother me about the Mandarin. Not sure where to rank it with the others yet.

GGRRAAFT

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
More like Iron meh 3...I wasn't impressed at all, and while i've probably seen the first two films a hundred times a piece, I will probably never watch this one again.

I felt the same way going through a marathon of the first two, then avengers and IM3. The exact sane way. I knew I had to take the lady to see it, and was tempted to pay for something else and sneak her in to see it. I didn't want to reward the cheap jokes and poor choices. I am still unimpressed and it has cast serious doubt on the direction Marvel is going to take phase 2. I may skip Guardians, if they were scared to ground IM3 in the dirty realism his character and the cast could support, I can't imagine what they'll do with a talking Raccoon.

All that said I did see it again, paid full price for 3D, have them my financial support, and enjoyed it so much more. It's still the worst of the modern Marvel movies (spawned by Iron Man) but taking the jokes out, no longer expecting it to be great, or even good, I was able to enjoy it. I was a Shane Black fan, but not anymore. I was a Marvel cheerleader non-stop, not anymore. All I can say is, thankfully Nolan turned Batman and we've got potential with Man of Steel, please do JLA, avoid the urge to go childish and campy and make a great series of movies.

Did I say I hated it? I did. Don't pay to see it again, please, but it is better in a second viewing.

GGRRAAFT

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
That's a lot of hate! I'm still disappointed in the movie based on potential, but can't fault anyone for getting paid to create and do something I could never do. Disappointed for sure, and less confident about follow ups, but it could have been Green Lantern bad.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
So, I've seen Ironman 3 two times now. And I loved it even more the second time. I went into the first showing, expecting to Haidet. The trailers were devoid of the humor that made the first two so enjoyable.

I was a huge fan of the Extremis story line by Warren Ellis, however, and of Lethal Weapon by Shane Black.

And those two things turned out great together.

I get that the Mandarin bit could turn some people off, and I didn't like it either, but the rest was good enough to more than make up for it.

Pepper was beyond awesome.

Can't wait for the rest of Phase 2!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was the best Iron Man ever. I enjoyed the story. I especially enjoyed the Mandarin part if the story. It's an inside look at how the government uses terrorism as a means of control. Very interesting to see in a movie.

The story lines in this one were really deep and made it the best one for me. There was plenty of action and humor, but the story was what won me over.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

iSmileyFace

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I thought it was very good, and I'm not really even a fan of the other Iron Man movies. I loved how they incorporated The Avengers into it and really went into depth with how fighting the other superheroes and the aliens effected Tony Stark. I loved watching the overall change in him from the cocky, arrogant man in the first film to a changed man in the end. I thought the part at the very end after the credits was funny too P: (Mark Ruffalo xD) The film broke some records too in the box office because it's so good

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I thought the after-credit scene was kind of funny, but not worth staying for. That was the opinion of many people around me too.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was the best Iron Man ever. I enjoyed the story. I especially enjoyed the Mandarin part if the story. It's an inside look at how the government uses terrorism as a means of control. Very interesting to see in a movie.

The story lines in this one were really deep and made it the best one for me. There was plenty of action and humor, but the story was what won me over.

Just curious how you could enjoy what they did with the Mandarin? I'm guessing you went into it without knowing about the Mandarin character from the comics? (no offense, just curious, my wife was the same way and liked the mandarin in the movie too)

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Just curious how you could enjoy what they did with the Mandarin? I'm guessing you went into it without knowing about the Mandarin character from the comics? (no offense, just curious, my wife was the same way and liked the mandarin in the movie too)

I knew already, but seeing it today with the Government using terrorism in exactly the same way, that was just jarring. I didn't think about it before, but seeing the government do the exact same thing with terrorism here really was interesting. And people see it and still don't believe.