Movie and TV Shows Database App for iPhone?

DaViD_BRaNDoN

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a collection of 1,000+ movies and TV Shows, and is currently being tracked using a plain old Microsoft Word document. Have tried 2 movie/TV show apps for iPhone below but it didn't fit my taste.

- Movie Collection ($1.99): Nice UI, stores database offline but lack of features. Tracks only movies (search results from themoviedb.org). Shocked to find out database size grew to 1.9GB after entering 500 movie names.
- IMDB Movies and TV (free): Horrible UI, stores database online, ample features. Tracks both movies and TV shows. Too bad the movie/TV Show list cannot be access if not connected to the Internet.

Any other recommendation?

GGRRAAFT

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
iCollect movies pro. Not sure the cost. With my 1000 DVDs it was the easiest to enter, scan and go. It stores them offsite as well and the website can be shared, so friends know what to ask to borrow. It got real slow to open once I crossed 500 movies though. And I named my library as an inappropriate joke, and couldn't change it later it to be politically/mother acceptable. I packed the physical discs away and am not looking forward to entering them in to a new system. First world problems! I tried a few though, and iCollect movies by hooked in motion has been the easiest app to use. Have fun!

DaViD_BRaNDoN

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Tried TodoMovies ($1.99) a couple of days ago. Nice UI (better than Movie Collection), stores database offline but a bit slow on displaying search results. Major turn-off is the size of the database - just entered 50+ entries and it already consumed 120MB+. Imagine the database size as I have over 1,000+ entries! Deleted the app shortly after and back to tracking on Word document :(

GGRRAAFT

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I gave up on trying to maintain icollect, or looking for something better. With over 500 movies there just doesn't seem to be an app that can smoothly handle it. Where is the iTunes movie Match?

DaViD_BRaNDoN

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Have you considered trakt.tv? Even tho I use Plex to manage my library, it syncs with Trakt.tv. Here's my movie library on trakt to give you an idea of what to expect: dryland's Movie Library - trakt

There are a few trakt apps as well. I use utrakt on my ipad.

Will check out utrackt shortly. Quick question, will it work offline (as I presume an online account is required to access trakt.tv)?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I use delicious library. It will not physically store the files but it keeps a nice list. I can also mark things I have loaned out. It's not in the App Store yet, but will be soon.

GGRRAAFT

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I use delicious library. It will not physically store the files but it keeps a nice list. I can also mark things I have loaned out. It's not in the App Store yet, but will be soon.

Yeah that was recommended to me but unavailable back when I started my journey to organize.

DaViD_BRaNDoN

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Tried TodoMovies ($1.99) a couple of days ago. Nice UI (better than Movie Collection), stores database offline but a bit slow on displaying search results. Major turn-off is the size of the database - just entered 50+ entries and it already consumed 120MB+. Imagine the database size as I have over 1,000+ entries! Deleted the app shortly after and back to tracking on Word document :(

Re-downloaded TodoMovies last week after their recent update to V2.1. Boy, am I glad I did! The search results performance has improved dramatically and the best part is, the database size is now very small. Think they have made a major database restructuring from V1.2 to V2.0. I've entered 820 titles and the size is only a meagre 47MB! Supports motion posters too. Highly recommended!

Stellatyler

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Have you considered trakt.tv? Even tho I use Plex to manage my library, it syncs with Trakt.tv. Here's my movie library on trakt to give you an idea of what to expect: dryland's Movie Library - trakt
Test Your Internet Speed

There are a few trakt apps as well. I use utrakt on my ipad.
Well! I gave attempting to keep up icollect, or searching for something better. With in excess of 500 films there simply doesn't appear to be an application that can easily handle it. Where is the itunes motion picture Match?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2