Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,236 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default The Following

Anyone catch the premier of the following last night on Fox? I think this show has the potential to be good. Looks like a lot of plots and sub plots. Might be interesting. Reminded me of the movie "Law Abiding" with Jaime Foxx and Gerard Butler. Not sure about Kevin Bacon as the leading man tho. Thoughts?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,774 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default The Following

No but if its like law abiding Citizen I may have to try and catch it. I loved that movie.

Tapatalking
    "My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence." Edith Sitwell
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    33,098 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

Default Re: The Following

I did not catch it, BUT I set the DVR, so I have it and can watch it as I wish. It looked good from the previews so I figured with Fringe and Haven wrapping up I needed something to add to my lineup! I'll let you know what I think hopefully soon.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

The pilot is airing again Friday evening on Fox... missed it, but will catch it on Friday. Looks good. #bacon #KevinBacon
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    Thanked by:
    JustMe'D (01-22-2013)

Global Posts
    20,956 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default The Following

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    The pilot is airing again Friday evening on Fox... missed it, but will catch it on Friday. Looks good. #bacon #KevinBacon
    I missed the show last night, as well, so thank you for alerting us that a re-airing of the show will be Friday night.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default The Following

I caught it and I think it's great. It does remind me of Law Abiding Citizen. Should be a good series.
    iMore Beginner

iOS Version

Default The Following

I liked the pilot, will continue to watch.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

Default The Following

LOVED it!!!!!!!! And Kevin plays the role pretty well...watched it twice already and can't wait for Monday!!!!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

I found it pretty intense, and disturbing. If this is what passes for entertainment these days, I’ll pass.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default The Following

Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    I found it pretty intense, and disturbing. If this is what passes for entertainment these days, Iíll pass.
    It was quite intense, but they didn't dwell on the gore too long; just enough to make the point and also the whole story line is just so intriguing...how can people think like that and do such things?! And it's simply meant as a fictional tv show for entertainment (like CSI, Criminal Minds etc) and the reality tv shows like Honey Boo Boo or Jersey Shore are definitely ones I pass on! I prefer my 'fake shows'! lol
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    It was quite intense, but they didn't dwell on the gore too long; just enough to make the point and also the whole story line is just so intriguing...how can people think like that and do such things?! And it's simply meant as a fictional tv show for entertainment (like CSI, Criminal Minds etc) and the reality tv shows like Honey Boo Boo or Jersey Shore are definitely ones I pass on! I prefer my 'fake shows'! lol
    I get it. I just am not "in" to it. I used to watch Criminal Minds faithfully... and still catch an episode every now and then... but it, too, gets to be a bit much sometimes. And all of the "reality tv" stuff is definitely not for me...

I just thought there was too much gore in The Following pilot. Perhaps that was the "hook", and once they start the regular season, it won’t be so much... I’ll give it another go next week, but I’m starting to think that it’s not for me.

If it works for you, go for it, and enjoy.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

Default The Following

I liked it but after seeing how the plot of the show is going its going to be interesting how they keep people's interest for multiple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,536 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

The show didn't captivate me initially, watching it through just looked like the same old crime drama show...but then the END! OMG! The ending made me a fan...the build up and conversation between the two men at the end that essentially laid the blue print for this show out for the season absolutely SOLD me 110%.

I'm in, i hope it does well because while it does have some very stereotypical crime drama elements, it has a deliciously unique plot setup.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default The Following

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    The show didn't captivate me initially, watching it through just looked like the same old crime drama show...but then the END! OMG! The ending made me a fan...the build up and conversation between the two men at the end that essentially laid the blue print for this show out for the season absolutely SOLD me 110%.

I'm in, i hope it does well because while it does have some very stereotypical crime drama elements, it has a deliciously unique plot setup.
    Exactly!!!!!!!! 😃
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I was finally able to watch it this morning. Very intense. Very disturbing. Kevin Bacon is wonderful, and perfect for this role as an atypical FBI agent, who is not physical and has a pacemaker.

Could be a nice change of pace if they keep following this as an agressive mental thing and stay away from running, shooting, and blowing things up (like all the other cop shows).
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,236 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

Default The Following

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    I was finally able to watch it this morning. Very intense. Very disturbing. Kevin Bacon is wonderful, and perfect for this role as an atypical FBI agent, who is not physical and has a pacemaker.

Could be a nice change of pace if they keep following this as an agressive mental thing and stay away from running, shooting, and blowing things up (like all the other cop shows).

I think they will keep it more mental. Kevin Bacon with a pace maker doesn't make for a good chase and blowing up stuff drama. This one is all about the mind games. Looking forward to tomorrow night.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,774 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default The Following

The show is really good so far. Just catching up on the episodes from my DVR. Should be a interesting first season.
    "My personal hobbies are reading, listening to music, and silence." Edith Sitwell
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,536 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

The second episode was not quite on the pace of the first, but it was still quite entertaining. The guy in jail is the best character by far! And seeing his back story is pretty cool.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default The Following

It was a little different and I knew there was something funny with new FBI lady!!!!
    iPhone Intermediate

I will keep watching for now, so far so good. I dont really like Kevin Bacon, but really enjoy James Purefoy. He was great in Rome too, as Marc Antony.
    Apple built it, so it will work.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    33,098 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Hoagie5252 View Post
    I liked it but after seeing how the plot of the show is going its going to be interesting how they keep people's interest for multiple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it will run beyond a set period, perhaps say 2 or 3 years. How long can they keep it going. UNLESS there are other cults out there for him to pursue, but I really think they will wrap it up within say 2 or 3 years, probably 2.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

To be honest, I'm already losing interest. I'm finding it very difficult to believe that so many people have been working on this for so long, and that they are still recruiting more.

I cannot believe the ex-wife went in the car - that was just stupid. She knows that nothing will happen to her son, but her safety is not guaranteed. And enough of Hardy being beaten up every week.

This almost reminds me of an ex-ray/negative version of the show 24.
    SeanHRCC likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,536 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I feel exactly like Alli. It's becoming so far fetched that it's making me roll my eyes about half of each episode. I'll be very surprised if I watch it past the season finale...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

I'm starting to wonder if I'll make it all the way TO the season finale.
    SeanHRCC likes this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    33,098 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

Might be the type show that lends itself to running for just 1 season. How much can they really do with this storyline?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast