The Following

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Anyone catch the premier of the following last night on Fox? I think this show has the potential to be good. Looks like a lot of plots and sub plots. Might be interesting. Reminded me of the movie "Law Abiding" with Jaime Foxx and Gerard Butler. Not sure about Kevin Bacon as the leading man tho. Thoughts?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I did not catch it, BUT I set the DVR, so I have it and can watch it as I wish. It looked good from the previews so I figured with Fringe and Haven wrapping up I needed something to add to my lineup! I'll let you know what I think hopefully soon. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The pilot is airing again Friday evening on Fox... missed it, but will catch it on Friday. Looks good. #bacon #KevinBacon

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The pilot is airing again Friday evening on Fox... missed it, but will catch it on Friday. Looks good. #bacon #KevinBacon

I missed the show last night, as well, so thank you for alerting us that a re-airing of the show will be Friday night. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I found it pretty intense, and disturbing. If this is what passes for entertainment these days, I’ll pass.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I found it pretty intense, and disturbing. If this is what passes for entertainment these days, I?ll pass.

It was quite intense, but they didn't dwell on the gore too long; just enough to make the point and also the whole story line is just so intriguing...how can people think like that and do such things?! And it's simply meant as a fictional tv show for entertainment (like CSI, Criminal Minds etc) and the reality tv shows like Honey Boo Boo or Jersey Shore are definitely ones I pass on! I prefer my 'fake shows'! lol

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It was quite intense, but they didn't dwell on the gore too long; just enough to make the point and also the whole story line is just so intriguing...how can people think like that and do such things?! And it's simply meant as a fictional tv show for entertainment (like CSI, Criminal Minds etc) and the reality tv shows like Honey Boo Boo or Jersey Shore are definitely ones I pass on! I prefer my 'fake shows'! lol

I get it. I just am not "in" to it. I used to watch Criminal Minds faithfully... and still catch an episode every now and then... but it, too, gets to be a bit much sometimes. And all of the "reality tv" stuff is definitely not for me...

I just thought there was too much gore in The Following pilot. Perhaps that was the "hook", and once they start the regular season, it won’t be so much... I’ll give it another go next week, but I’m starting to think that it’s not for me.

If it works for you, go for it, and enjoy.

Hoagie5252

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I liked it but after seeing how the plot of the show is going its going to be interesting how they keep people's interest for multiple years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The show didn't captivate me initially, watching it through just looked like the same old crime drama show...but then the END! OMG! The ending made me a fan...the build up and conversation between the two men at the end that essentially laid the blue print for this show out for the season absolutely SOLD me 110%.

I'm in, i hope it does well because while it does have some very stereotypical crime drama elements, it has a deliciously unique plot setup.

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The show didn't captivate me initially, watching it through just looked like the same old crime drama show...but then the END! OMG! The ending made me a fan...the build up and conversation between the two men at the end that essentially laid the blue print for this show out for the season absolutely SOLD me 110%.

I'm in, i hope it does well because while it does have some very stereotypical crime drama elements, it has a deliciously unique plot setup.

Exactly!!!!!!!! 😃

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I was finally able to watch it this morning. Very intense. Very disturbing. Kevin Bacon is wonderful, and perfect for this role as an atypical FBI agent, who is not physical and has a pacemaker.

Could be a nice change of pace if they keep following this as an agressive mental thing and stay away from running, shooting, and blowing things up (like all the other cop shows).

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I was finally able to watch it this morning. Very intense. Very disturbing. Kevin Bacon is wonderful, and perfect for this role as an atypical FBI agent, who is not physical and has a pacemaker.

Could be a nice change of pace if they keep following this as an agressive mental thing and stay away from running, shooting, and blowing things up (like all the other cop shows).

I think they will keep it more mental. Kevin Bacon with a pace maker doesn't make for a good chase and blowing up stuff drama. This one is all about the mind games. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The show is really good so far. Just catching up on the episodes from my DVR. Should be a interesting first season.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The second episode was not quite on the pace of the first, but it was still quite entertaining. The guy in jail is the best character by far! And seeing his back story is pretty cool.

Hail Caesar

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I will keep watching for now, so far so good. I dont really like Kevin Bacon, but really enjoy James Purefoy. He was great in Rome too, as Marc Antony.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711