The Walking Dead

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Spoilers!!!!

Just got to the new threat in the book, when they start hearing "voices".

lol...the whisperers were what I kind of thought they were going with with the "W" on the zombies, but it just didn't make any sense chronologically, so I put it to bed rather quickly. Pretty interesting story line in the comic though...it'll be quite gruesome to see put on TV (if they ever do).

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
lol...the whisperers were what I kind of thought they were going with with the "W" on the zombies, but it just didn't make any sense chronologically, so I put it to bed rather quickly. Pretty interesting story line in the comic though...it'll be quite gruesome to see put on TV (if they ever do).

I'm kind of hoping the "W"s are something new and fresh. In the book, the whisperers didn't mark zombies...unless I missed that....?

I just hope this last episode is a powerful one setting up a lot for next season.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm kind of hoping the "W"s are something new and fresh. In the book, the whisperers didn't mark zombies...unless I missed that....?

I just hope this last episode is a powerful one setting up a lot for next season.

They didn't...it was just the "W" that sparked that thought in my head. NEGAN did in fact mark zombies, but he didn't put W's on them, as you know, they were kind of just marked for other usages, lol. I just saw a W and assumed "Whisperers" at first, but again, the time line made no sense so I kind of moved away from it.

I'm 99.9999999% positive the "W" is for the scavengers, which I think is going to go by the "Wolves" or something similar in the TV show (since Wolves are scavengers), and also because of this sign from the mid season premiere...

screen-shot-2015-02-09-at-11-59-05-am-does-this-solve-the-mystery-of-the-wolves-in-the-walking-d.png

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
They didn't...it was just the "W" that sparked that thought in my head. NEGAN did in fact mark zombies, but he didn't put W's on them, as you know, they were kind of just marked for other usages, lol. I just saw a W and assumed "Whisperers" at first, but again, the time line made no sense so I kind of moved away from it.

I'm 99.9999999% positive the "W" is for the scavengers, which I think is going to go by the "Wolves" or something similar in the TV show (since Wolves are scavengers), and also because of this sign from the mid season premiere...

View attachment 79080

Makes sense. And maybe that will explain all those mutilated bodies in the truck and on the ground.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Not a bad series finale, but I wanted more.

Morgan is a bad *** though!

I don't know what to think of the wolves....maybe a new name for another group?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Wow!! I was glued to the TV. I'm confused by the wolves though, what is it they want from people?

I knew Daryl and Aaron would run into Morgan. Great reintroduction for Rick and Morgan lol.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to be the debbie downer here and say the finale was crap...big lead up to a major climax, and the phrase "the blood will flow" but then only one insignificant character dies (in the scheme of main characters that is...he was rather important in terms of story)...leading up to the execution of a guy who should have died a few episodes ago.

I was expecting A LOT more. Blah.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to be the debbie downer here and say the finale was crap...big lead up to a major climax, and the phrase "the blood will flow" but then only one insignificant character dies (in the scheme of main characters that is...he was rather important in terms of story)...leading up to the execution of a guy who should have died a few episodes ago.

I can't say I disagree. Like I said, I liked it...but wanted a lot more. Nothing is really set up for next season...except for the wolves being around and morgan back.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I still feel Morgan has an other agenda that's not shown right off and the recruiters broke there own rules by taking him at face value but Rick knows better by the look he gave him at the end

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I still feel Morgan has an other agenda that's not shown right off and the recruiters broke there own rules by taking him at face value but Rick knows better by the look he gave him at the end

I can understand Morgan's look...I'd be in shock if I walk in on a dude getting shot in the head.

But I figured Rick was just in a rage shock or something.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

I don't think so. Morgan didn't kill those two guys outright but...he did seemingly try to set them up to die. Something happened that Morgan stopped killing people. He didn't seem to have an issue attempting to kill Rick back in "Clear".

I loved the episode. Especially the final scene the way it was broken up with the group trying to convince the Alexandrians that Rick should stay and why he was good for them...all while Rick is out fighting zombies and then shows up covered in blood (yet again haha). My only complaint is the Glenn/Nick plot. Why did Glenn follow Nick out of Alexandria?

I really felt tense when Rick was saying how they might have to take people hostage. All I could think about was OMG you silly people Rick will not hesitate to kill you! But also feeling that here is our "hero" who might start killing people who actually aren't evil, that's bad. But this is the world they are in now, that's how it is, you get to choose who lives and dies if you want. Or you can sit back and let death just come like it always will.

I like to see our group interact with other people. I'm glad we spent several episodes integrating the group into Alexandria. You can see Deanna change right on screen telling Rick to kill Pete.

I really enjoyed the episode. I almost feel like everyone who reads the comics are just bored and waiting to see their favorite parts of the story. They aren't actually watching/feeling/thinking about what is happening on the screen to the group. And then every time something seemingly doesn't happen that they thought might happen the show gets trashed unfairly. That's just IMHO.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Sting, I actually watched the show without having read the books. I just read the books literally last week! Haha. But I do agree with you....and this is why I'm somewhat excited for the spinoff because it's uncharted territory.

I like watching storylines from the books in the show, and I also like how they switch it up and keep us on our toes.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

I disagree. I think it was all set up for two more killings (nicklas and gabriel) of which everyone expected at least one to happen, but to me it was very thoughtful, counterintuitive and yet very much in the spirit of the recent episodes (everything in and around Alexandria) to end in a pretty tame style. I can say for myself that since season 1 I have not enjoyed 4-5 episodes in a row as much as the last ones. No idea how to bridge the time till October (and no, I wont touch the comic books).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I disagree. I think it was all set up for two more killings (nicklas and gabriel) of which everyone expected at least one to happen, but to me it was very thoughtful, counterintuitive and yet very much in the spirit of the recent episodes (everything in and around Alexandria) to end in a pretty tame style. I can say for myself that since season 1 I have not enjoyed 4-5 episodes in a row as much as the last ones. No idea how to bridge the time till October (and no, I wont touch the comic books).

I can understand your point of view...you've never read (or "touched") the comics, so there was no expectation really as to what was coming. I'm in a different boat than you, being quite a ways ahead of the TV show's story because I've read all of the comics. The time line was leading up to something very specific, as was all the marketing hype they were putting out there...and then...nothing really.

That's the thing about the TV show...it draggggggggs it's feet so badly, and when those of us who have read the comics see certain cues in the story on the show, at least for me, I get amped up...and then I get reminded that the writers in the TV show continue to drag their feet slower than molasses. The comics are rapid fire almost ALL of the time...I wouldn't mind the tv show stepping up the pace a bit myself.

I mean this is a bit of a spoiler (nothing major) but the "wolves" they're introducing are a group in the comic book that were almost irrelevant and were VERY short lived. They're going to end up spending half a season on these guys, and that is really where my negative opinions always start with this show...they skimp on big time pieces of the story and get WAY too invested in stuff that was really not that big of a deal.

Again, I understand your point of view...you're a different kind of viewer, so there's no expectation when you're watching the show. I can see how these last few episodes would really be great to someone who had no expectation or knowledge of what was coming...unfortunately since this is a comic book based tv show, a lot of us are on the other side of the fence.

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I can understand your point of view...you've never read (or "touched") the comics, so there was no expectation really as to what was coming. I'm in a different boat than you, being quite a ways ahead of the TV show's story because I've read all of the comics. The time line was leading up to something very specific, as was all the marketing hype they were putting out there...and then...nothing really.

That's the thing about the TV show...it draggggggggs it's feet so badly, and when those of us who have read the comics see certain cues in the story on the show, at least for me, I get amped up...and then I get reminded that the writers in the TV show continue to drag their feet slower than molasses. The comics are rapid fire almost ALL of the time...I wouldn't mind the tv show stepping up the pace a bit myself.

I mean this is a bit of a spoiler (nothing major) but the "wolves" they're introducing are a group in the comic book that were almost irrelevant and were VERY short lived. They're going to end up spending half a season on these guys, and that is really where my negative opinions always start with this show...they skimp on big time pieces of the story and get WAY too invested in stuff that was really not that big of a deal.

Again, I understand your point of view...you're a different kind of viewer, so there's no expectation when you're watching the show. I can see how these last few episodes would really be great to someone who had no expectation or knowledge of what was coming...unfortunately since this is a comic book based tv show, a lot of us are on the other side of the fence.

yeah, I get that. Personally I like the fact it didn't end in a massive cliff hanger for example, but I see why readers of it would find it too slow paced.
I'm hoping for you guys that the spin off delivers, and who knows, perhaps season 6 will pick up some speed again.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
yeah, I get that. Personally I like the fact it didn't end in a massive cliff hanger for example, but I see why readers of it would find it too slow paced.
I'm hoping for you guys that the spin off delivers, and who knows, perhaps season 6 will pick up some speed again.

I'm excited about the spin off for the simple fact that I have no idea what it's all about and it will all be fresh and new to me! It's a blessing and a curse to know the comic story.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh