Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526 LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 640
Like Tree213Likes
  1. #551  
    jmburke1982's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    960 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

    Default The Walking Dead

    I liked this episode. It followed the book pretty closely (Im almost done the second compendium, so I've read about 96 issues in the past week and a half).

    Had I not known the book story line, this episode would have surprised me with the way michonne took control at the end.

    Can't wait for next week, but it sucks it's the season finale.

    I still REALLY want to know what the "W" means.....or is it an "M"........??
  2. #552  

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Also looking forward to next week
    jmburke1982 likes this.
  3. #553  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by jmburke1982 View Post
    I liked this episode. It followed the book pretty closely (Im almost done the second compendium, so I've read about 96 issues in the past week and a half).

    Had I not known the book story line, this episode would have surprised me with the way michonne took control at the end.

    Can't wait for next week, but it sucks it's the season finale.

    I still REALLY want to know what the "W" means.....or is it an "M"........??
    SPOILERS BELOW! (but not for comic readers)








    Since you've already read through issue 96, then you know the Scavengers, which is what I think this "W" deal on the zombies is all about...and unfortunately I think they're going to focus in on that into next season instead of introducing Negan. Pretty frustrating to me because I was hoping to see a little Lucile action before season's end.
  4. #554  
    jmburke1982's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    960 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    SPOILERS BELOW! (but not for comic readers)








    Since you've already read through issue 96, then you know the Scavengers, which is what I think this "W" deal on the zombies is all about...and unfortunately I think they're going to focus in on that into next season instead of introducing Negan. Pretty frustrating to me because I was hoping to see a little Lucile action before season's end.
    I found a free pdf version of volume 17, so I've read up to the point where Rick doesn't know what to do. Just officially met Lucille. I knew it happened, but reading it was still shocking!

    I like Jesus...seems like an awesome character.

    This week being the last episode of the season...I really don't know how they're going to end it.
  5. #555  
    sting7k's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,977 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,890 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    They did a good job setting up Nicholas with that gun and had me wondering if he would maybe take a shot a Rick while he as giving his blood soaked rant to Alexandria.

    I don't get how Rick got so beat from up the drunken doctor, come on Rick you are a hardened survivor.

    What are they going to do with 90 minutes next week? They sure are dragging out this Morgan thing.
  6. #556  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    They did a good job setting up Nicholas with that gun and had me wondering if he would maybe take a shot a Rick while he as giving his blood soaked rant to Alexandria.

    I don't get how Rick got so beat from up the drunken doctor, come on Rick you are a hardened survivor.

    What are they going to do with 90 minutes next week? They sure are dragging out this Morgan thing.
    He's a hardened survivor that picks and chooses when he wants to act like such...and I guess that's a good thing, kind of separates him from Shane in that sense, because he doesn't just unleash his survivor instinct at full blast any chance that presents itself.

    The Morgan thing is weird...no idea what they are trying to do with this on the TV show. It's almost like they just used it as water cooler talk fodder, and never intended to really define him back into the story line.
    jmburke1982 likes this.
  7. #557  
    sting7k's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,977 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,890 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Interesting take on how Rick is more able to control himself than Shane. But it seems to me is really struggling with that at the moment. At the beginning it seemed like he was trying really hard to keep it together. Then after he had his talk with Deanna he went off the rails and I dare say he seemed to even be enjoying his rant at the people of Alexandria waving his gun in their faces.

    Can't wait to see what Michonne, Glenn, and Daryl have to say to Rick as they seem to be trying the hardest to make Alexandria work.
  8. #558  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by sting7k View Post
    Interesting take on how Rick is more able to control himself than Shane. But it seems to me is really struggling with that at the moment. At the beginning it seemed like he was trying really hard to keep it together. Then after he had his talk with Deanna he went off the rails and I dare say he seemed to even be enjoying his rant at the people of Alexandria waving his gun in their faces.

    Can't wait to see what Michonne, Glenn, and Daryl have to say to Rick as they seem to be trying the hardest to make Alexandria work.
    I've always observed Rick as a calm man saturated with fuel...and once you ignite him, you'll have a damn difficult time putting the fire out. He's shown this throughout the story (both TV and comic), but there are so many things yet to come, and some really "defining" moments for Rick.
  9. #559  
    jmburke1982's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    960 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I've always observed Rick as a calm man saturated with fuel...and once you ignite him, you'll have a damn difficult time putting the fire out. He's shown this throughout the story (both TV and comic), but there are so many things yet to come, and some really "defining" moments for Rick.
    I'm really looking forward to what they'll do with the story line. Obviously, morgan is still out there and daryl isn't even in the books.

    I wonder if either or will take on some of what other characters did in the books.
  10. #560  
    jmburke1982's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    960 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    SPOILERS BELOW! (but not for comic readers)








    Since you've already read through issue 96, then you know the Scavengers, which is what I think this "W" deal on the zombies is all about...and unfortunately I think they're going to focus in on that into next season instead of introducing Negan. Pretty frustrating to me because I was hoping to see a little Lucile action before season's end.
    Spoilers!!!!












    Just got to the new threat in the book, when they start hearing "voices".
  11. #561  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by jmburke1982 View Post
    Spoilers!!!!












    Just got to the new threat in the book, when they start hearing "voices".
    lol...the whisperers were what I kind of thought they were going with with the "W" on the zombies, but it just didn't make any sense chronologically, so I put it to bed rather quickly. Pretty interesting story line in the comic though...it'll be quite gruesome to see put on TV (if they ever do).
    jmburke1982 likes this.
  12. #562  
    jmburke1982's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    960 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    lol...the whisperers were what I kind of thought they were going with with the "W" on the zombies, but it just didn't make any sense chronologically, so I put it to bed rather quickly. Pretty interesting story line in the comic though...it'll be quite gruesome to see put on TV (if they ever do).
    I'm kind of hoping the "W"s are something new and fresh. In the book, the whisperers didn't mark zombies...unless I missed that....?

    I just hope this last episode is a powerful one setting up a lot for next season.
  13. #563  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by jmburke1982 View Post
    I'm kind of hoping the "W"s are something new and fresh. In the book, the whisperers didn't mark zombies...unless I missed that....?

    I just hope this last episode is a powerful one setting up a lot for next season.
    They didn't...it was just the "W" that sparked that thought in my head. NEGAN did in fact mark zombies, but he didn't put W's on them, as you know, they were kind of just marked for other usages, lol. I just saw a W and assumed "Whisperers" at first, but again, the time line made no sense so I kind of moved away from it.

    I'm 99.9999999% positive the "W" is for the scavengers, which I think is going to go by the "Wolves" or something similar in the TV show (since Wolves are scavengers), and also because of this sign from the mid season premiere...

    The Walking Dead-screen-shot-2015-02-09-11-59-05-am-does-solve-mystery-wolves-walking-d.png
    jmburke1982 likes this.
  14. #564  
    jmburke1982's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    960 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    They didn't...it was just the "W" that sparked that thought in my head. NEGAN did in fact mark zombies, but he didn't put W's on them, as you know, they were kind of just marked for other usages, lol. I just saw a W and assumed "Whisperers" at first, but again, the time line made no sense so I kind of moved away from it.

    I'm 99.9999999% positive the "W" is for the scavengers, which I think is going to go by the "Wolves" or something similar in the TV show (since Wolves are scavengers), and also because of this sign from the mid season premiere...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen-shot-2015-02-09-at-11-59-05-am-does-this-solve-the-mystery-of-the-wolves-in-the-walking-d.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	608.7 KB 
ID:	79080
    Makes sense. And maybe that will explain all those mutilated bodies in the truck and on the ground.
  15. #565  
    jmburke1982's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    960 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Not a bad series finale, but I wanted more.

    Morgan is a bad *** though!

    I don't know what to think of the wolves....maybe a new name for another group?
  16. #566  
    sting7k's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,977 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,890 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Wow!! I was glued to the TV. I'm confused by the wolves though, what is it they want from people?

    I knew Daryl and Aaron would run into Morgan. Great reintroduction for Rick and Morgan lol.
    jmburke1982 likes this.
  17. #567  
    evorc's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    979 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Great Finale! October can't come soon enough!!!
    jmburke1982 likes this.
  18. #568  

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Great episode glad they didn't leave us hanging to much
  19. #569  
    sting7k's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,977 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,890 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    Great episode glad they didn't leave us hanging to much
    Yes, I'm pretty happy it didn't end with a huge cliff hanger.
    kataran likes this.
  20. #570  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    I'm going to be the debbie downer here and say the finale was crap...big lead up to a major climax, and the phrase "the blood will flow" but then only one insignificant character dies (in the scheme of main characters that is...he was rather important in terms of story)...leading up to the execution of a guy who should have died a few episodes ago.

    I was expecting A LOT more. Blah.
    jmburke1982 likes this.
  21. #571  
    jmburke1982's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    960 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    I'm going to be the debbie downer here and say the finale was crap...big lead up to a major climax, and the phrase "the blood will flow" but then only one insignificant character dies (in the scheme of main characters that is...he was rather important in terms of story)...leading up to the execution of a guy who should have died a few episodes ago.

    I was expecting A LOT more. Blah.
    I can't say I disagree. Like I said, I liked it...but wanted a lot more. Nothing is really set up for next season...except for the wolves being around and morgan back.
  22. #572  

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    I still feel Morgan has an other agenda that's not shown right off and the recruiters broke there own rules by taking him at face value but Rick knows better by the look he gave him at the end
  23. #573  
    jmburke1982's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    960 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    I still feel Morgan has an other agenda that's not shown right off and the recruiters broke there own rules by taking him at face value but Rick knows better by the look he gave him at the end
    I can understand Morgan's look...I'd be in shock if I walk in on a dude getting shot in the head.

    But I figured Rick was just in a rage shock or something.
  24. #574  
    sting7k's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,977 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,890 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    I still feel Morgan has an other agenda that's not shown right off and the recruiters broke there own rules by taking him at face value but Rick knows better by the look he gave him at the end
    I don't think so. Morgan didn't kill those two guys outright but...he did seemingly try to set them up to die. Something happened that Morgan stopped killing people. He didn't seem to have an issue attempting to kill Rick back in "Clear".

    I loved the episode. Especially the final scene the way it was broken up with the group trying to convince the Alexandrians that Rick should stay and why he was good for them...all while Rick is out fighting zombies and then shows up covered in blood (yet again haha). My only complaint is the Glenn/Nick plot. Why did Glenn follow Nick out of Alexandria?

    I really felt tense when Rick was saying how they might have to take people hostage. All I could think about was OMG you silly people Rick will not hesitate to kill you! But also feeling that here is our "hero" who might start killing people who actually aren't evil, that's bad. But this is the world they are in now, that's how it is, you get to choose who lives and dies if you want. Or you can sit back and let death just come like it always will.

    I like to see our group interact with other people. I'm glad we spent several episodes integrating the group into Alexandria. You can see Deanna change right on screen telling Rick to kill Pete.

    I really enjoyed the episode. I almost feel like everyone who reads the comics are just bored and waiting to see their favorite parts of the story. They aren't actually watching/feeling/thinking about what is happening on the screen to the group. And then every time something seemingly doesn't happen that they thought might happen the show gets trashed unfairly. That's just IMHO.
    kataran and jmburke1982 like this.
  25. #575  
    jmburke1982's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    960 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,131 Global Posts

    Default Re: The Walking Dead

    Sting, I actually watched the show without having read the books. I just read the books literally last week! Haha. But I do agree with you....and this is why I'm somewhat excited for the spinoff because it's uncharted territory.

    I like watching storylines from the books in the show, and I also like how they switch it up and keep us on our toes.

Similar Threads

  1. The Walking Dead Retina iPad wallpapers
    By Rene Ritchie in forum Wallpapers & Ringtones
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 01:50 PM
  2. iPhone dead. Need to recover data
    By Salil in forum iPhone 3GS Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 02:32 PM
  3. New Phone Need To Back Up Everything
    By Infiniti7 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 01:13 PM
  4. We need to Step it Up Around Here!
    By MrP in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-16-2008, 01:21 AM
  5. Need to step it up!!
    By IrishJK09 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-18-2008, 03:59 PM

Posting Permissions