The Walking Dead

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Good episode. Lots of Governor questions answered. Kind of slow but focused. I'm interested to see where they go with the Governor. His transformation into Brian seems like some sort of redemption arc. But I don't buy it, I don't even feel bad for him. When he was setting up the chess board you could see flashes of the Governor. His brutality is still there when he bashed in grandpa's skull and then dispatched several zombies with his bare hands and a femur.

Anyone think he can be redeemed? Will he be seeking revenge against Rick?

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Good episode. Lots of Governor questions answered. Kind of slow but focused. I'm interested to see where they go with the Governor. His transformation into Brian seems like some sort of redemption arc. But I don't buy it, I don't even feel bad for him. When he was setting up the chess board you could see flashes of the Governor. His brutality is still there when he bashed in grandpa's skull and then dispatched several zombies with his bare hands and a femur.

Anyone think he can be redeemed? Will he be seeking revenge against Rick?

That was a fantastic episode. One of the best of the series. I honestly have no clue where they are headed with this Governor arc, but there's no way he can be redeemed. He sexually assaulted Maggie, killed a ton of people....living ones, and was the cause of Andrea's death.....well, maybe we can't fault him for that one. Lol

zdn1042

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Slow start. Great finish. This has been the pattern for most of their episodes lately except the one where the prison fences got busted because of the walkers.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I find the governor to be a completely useless character now...they're trying to tell a story of his cold heart finding love for this little girl (obviously in light of his daughter being infected and killed), but honestly, who cares? Let the governor be the psychotic character he was intended to be, let them have their battle and let it find conclusion. I'm a bit frustrated with the idea that they are going to try and start the governor's story all over again it seems...with a rise to power again in the same way he did before.

Let the guy fight and die, lol.

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I find the governor to be a completely useless character now...they're trying to tell a story of his cold heart finding love for this little girl (obviously in light of his daughter being infected and killed), but honestly, who cares? Let the governor be the psychotic character he was intended to be, let them have their battle and let it find conclusion. I'm a bit frustrated with the idea that they are going to try and start the governor's story all over again it seems...with a rise to power again in the same way he did before.

I completely agree!

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, they probably should have done this arc in season 3. Would've made more sense.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
seriously, guys. how long can you watch them kill zombies and look for places to survive before it gets old

i believe i am to that point already

It's not just about the zombie killing and finding new places... I enjoy the story behind it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm about watching these people I've grown to care about struggle to keep their humanity in an impossible situation. The zombies are secondary to me.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'm glad they got that over quickly. The governor is still his old self and going deeper into crazy town. This may be the end of the prison. Unless Rick has anti tank weapons.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad they got that over quickly. The governor is still his old self and going deeper into crazy town. This may be the end of the prison. Unless Rick has anti tank weapons.

Great episode. Almost makes me want the Governor to survive. Haha! Anyway, the mid-season finale is next week. Wonder who doesn't make it out?

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
That last episode was crazy! I knew the governor was going to flip out on Martinez lol. Cant wait for the next episode!

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
The mid-season finale!! Wow....speechless! Great, great episode. Been waiting for an ep like that all season! Big payoff.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I actually had to watch the whole season since two on AMC and Glad the Governor is finally dead they should have left him for the Walkers

Sent from my iPhone 5 soon to be 5s Gold 64GB

Cmatt1971

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Just watched it and it was great, this season has been a little slow IMO, glad something exciting finally happened.

Hated to see Herschel die, but glad the Governor is history.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
While I did enjoy the episode I feel like we should have gotten this for the season finale last season. I'm let down with how they used the Governor. I really don't think that he ever planned that Rick would give up the prison. It wasn't about getting revenge on Michonne at all. He wanted revenge on Rick. He only wanted to speak with Rick. His comment to Hershel about his daughters not being his cemented that for me. The two episodes prior feel pretty wasted now. And then they just rolled into the prison and started destroying it. The Governor's new minions didn't even have a plan or direction. If only Carl had taken that shot, maybe the other group would have listened to Rick's speech. Tara had the best line of the episode by far after the Governor pulled a Theon Greyjoy on Hershel.

How long until they run into Carol and who will find her first?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
While I did enjoy the episode I feel like we should have gotten this for the season finale last season. I'm let down with how they used the Governor. I really don't think that he ever planned that Rick would give up the prison. It wasn't about getting revenge on Michonne at all. He wanted revenge on Rick. He only wanted to speak with Rick. His comment to Hershel about his daughters not being his cemented that for me. The two episodes prior feel pretty wasted now. And then they just rolled into the prison and started destroying it. The Governor's new minions didn't even have a plan or direction. If only Carl had taken that shot, maybe the other group would have listened to Rick's speech. Tara had the best line of the episode by far after the Governor pulled a Theon Greyjoy on Hershel.

How long until they run into Carol and who will find her first?

Well said

Sent from my iPhone 5 soon to be 5s Gold 64GB

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods