What do you want to see in the 6th Gen iPad

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree (even though I don't like notches).

The notch is made possible by the ability to manufacture display panels that are not rectangular. This has only become possible recently, with the latest generation of OLED displays from manufacturers like Samsung and LG, and has enabled both curved corners and notches. This is really an innovation of the display panel makers, not the smart phone manufacturers.

Nobody likes the notch; we put up with the notch. It’s the sister-in-law that always shows up to the family Christmas party inebriated. Everybody is at least slightly irritated but your brother loves her so we accept it.

Last edited:

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Nobody likes the notch; we put up with the notch. It’s the sister-in-law that always shows up to the family Christmas party inebriated. Everybody is at least slightly irritated but your brother loves her so we accept it.

Great, so we all agree that Apple should drop the notch for the iPhone 11. :)
I also don't really like the curved corners of the high end Androids since early 2017. Maybe we should just accept corners that are slightly more square, and top and bottom bezels and the slightly larger (but only enough for a speaker, a camera and fingerprint sensor).

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
For me, my iPad is not really that much of an important piece in my Apple puzzle. It does what I need it to do and does it well, so all the bells and whistles are really not needed the way I use my iPad. When I think of an Apple product upgrade, my iPad is last on the list to be honest. Of course enhancements to any Apple product is always welcomed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4