Video looks different on my computer

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
When I shoot video on the iPhone, the quality looks a lot better on the iPhone than when I view it on the computer. On the computer, the videos don't seem as crisp as when I'm playing them on the iPhone. Am I losing quality when I transfer them over? Or is this normal?

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Is this the same thing with photos? I want to get some photos (taken by iphone 4s) printed since the camera is killer, but wonder if the quality will suffer once I print them out

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Is this the same thing with photos? I want to get some photos (taken by iphone 4s) printed since the camera is killer, but wonder if the quality will suffer once I print them out

It is the same with photos. You should be able to get good prints if you don't blow them up to much. stick with 3x5/4x6 and they should look fine.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
When I shoot video on the iPhone, the quality looks a lot better on the iPhone than when I view it on the computer. On the computer, the videos don't seem as crisp as when I'm playing them on the iPhone. Am I losing quality when I transfer them over? Or is this normal?

The resolution of the photos and videos is higher than your computer can display so they will not look their best. Unless you have a 1080p screen and blow up the videos all the way to fit you will always be watching/viewing down scaled images. As long as your printer can print greater than 200dpi they will look fine printed.

On the iPhone it's the same thing but the pixel density is so high that they still look very sharp and crisp.

Manzanas

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
That makes a lot of sense thanks. I'm going to get some prints of my pics and hopefully the quality is good. I'm hoping to replace my point and shoot camera with the new iphone camera.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77