Tip so you get your tracking early AND won’t have to wait all day for your delivery person

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people probably know this but I’m sure a lot do not. Sign up for free UPS My Choice and FedEx delivery manager accounts. When you add your home address in there they will notify you when anyone has created a shipment for your address. So this will allow you to get your tracking info sooner. Especially in those cases where the retailers don’t post it on time to their sites. It’ll help lessen your anxiety when you’re worried that your carrier still hasn’t sent it to you.

Secondly, you can also have the package held for pickup at a location. I typically have my held at the distribution center in town. If you are relatively close to yours I would say it’s a good idea to have yours held as well. That way you can just go pick it up first thing in the morning and not sit around waiting for your delivery drivers to make it your house. Also lessen your anxiety if you become worried that something could happen to your package if left unguarded at your residence.

I have both and just a good thing to have for this and all of your deliveries. I’m never worried about packages because I am able to get the info sooner and control how I want it delivered. Not to mention, it’s all free!

Good luck all!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I like having my items held at the Fed Ex depot saves me time especially when you are not home and don't want to sign away to have it left for you.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I like having my items held at the Fed Ex depot saves me time especially when you are not home and don't want to sign away to have it left for you.

Yup! Definitely a time saver but convenient. Sometimes people take time off work just to wait at home for important packages. I can just go pick it up any time I want and not have to take a day off from work and the delivery guy doesn’t come until after 5pm lol.

itsnotmeitsyou

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I wish I could get UPS My Choice to work. I never have been notified of a package being delivered and nothing shows up on my account when I log in. All the account info has been verified a few times, I guess it just doesn’t like me for some reason lol.

DianaAW

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
For those who pick up from shipping facility, can you get it same day it was scheduled to deliver to home address 11/3 or do you have to wait until the next morning?

FaisDogg

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
For those who pick up from shipping facility, can you get it same day it was scheduled to deliver to home address 11/3 or do you have to wait until the next morning?

Up to you, if you catch it before it gets on the delivery truck, you can pickup same day.

beranzo

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Would I be able to have my cousin pick it up at UPS? I know Apple is strict with iPhones. We have same last name and he could supply the tracking number. I’ll be at work. If not I guess I would just have to find a neighbor I don’t talk to or something.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Same day it was scheduled to deliver. You’re actively telling them not to deliver it and I’ll come and get it instead.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Would I be able to have my cousin pick it up at UPS? I know Apple is strict with iPhones. We have same last name and he could supply the tracking number. I’ll be at work. If not I guess I would just have to find a neighbor I don’t talk to or something.

They’ll ask for ID so the person picking up at least would have to live at the same address. For instance, I pick stuff up in my wife’s name all the time and they allow me to pick it up if indirect signature is allowed AND the address on my license matches the package. But I’m sure not all UPS agents are the same lol.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Here’s an example for UPS. I did this for the 8 plus last month. One screenshot shows you the notification that a package is on the way. This was before AT&T let me know they shipped it. Then one screenshot shows you the confirmation that it’s been changed to pickup. And then the other is the email I got (like 5:30am) on release day telling me it’s ready to be picked up. All done in the UPS app.

4e0c8d17807769fbd4aa62453fc57dd9.png

8c6e7bc9ccf9d104474e1987cae2caa6.png
1c5e4297e3743d2818d9e2dc81a57688.png

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77