Screen protectors applied using static cling?

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
So I'm having problems with screen protectors. I had someone at Telus apply a basic screen protector but I didn't like it because it was prone to finger prints and was bubbling/peeling at the edges where it connected with the case. So, I bought a new screen protector that was supposed to be anti-glare and easy to apply. It was called a static cling application, so you just stick it to the phone and use a plastic applicator to smooth out the bubbles. Easy enough. However, as soon as I go to put on my case (iSkin) the screen protector bubbles up (peels) and won't stay on. I know that there are screen proectors that apply with a liquid. Would this work better? I assume screen protectors aren't suppposed to come off when you put on the case. Never had this issue with my BBs. Thanks.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
A lot of cases come into the screen too far and pull them off. I have a Candyshell (speck) and can use it with almost all screen protectors. I prefer the Zagg invisible shield wet application, and have not had issues with my case pulling that up. I leave the phone off and undisturbed for at least 12 hours before I mess with it or put my hard case back on though. I do know Zagg put out a matte version recently, and I have one that I have not yet put on, it's supposed to be case friendly also.

Reactions: leharris22

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the response. So you think it's not so much the fact that these are applied using static as the fact that my case comes into too far? Maybe I'll keep the protector until it drives me crazy and then try the Zagg. I've had good results with Zagg in the past.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Do the ZAGG protectors make the screen feel "sticky".. in that your finger doesn't glide as easily as on the glass screen? That's one thing that I really liked about my initial feel of the iphone was that my finger just moved across the scree real easy... as opposed to the all touch screen of the new BB 9850, which my finger kinda would stick to the screen (granted the blackberry 9850 isn't glass...it's plastic), but I'm just worried that a screen protector would feel the same as the plastic BB screen..

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the response. So you think it's not so much the fact that these are applied using static as the fact that my case comes into too far? Maybe I'll keep the protector until it drives me crazy and then try the Zagg. I've had good results with Zagg in the past.

That is my guess, yea. I have noticed a lot of hard cases come in like almost to the screen and that won't work with a lot of screen protectors. My sister has what I think is an InCase? Or CaseMate? something and that pulls off nearly every protector she's used. I just bought the "case friendly" version of Invisible Shield for both her phone and mine just to see how they work with her case. Right now I have just a power support on because I do not trust this phone!

Do the ZAGG protectors make the screen feel "sticky".. in that your finger doesn't glide as easily as on the glass screen? That's one thing that I really liked about my initial feel of the iphone was that my finger just moved across the scree real easy... as opposed to the all touch screen of the new BB 9850, which my finger kinda would stick to the screen (granted the blackberry 9850 isn't glass...it's plastic), but I'm just worried that a screen protector would feel the same as the plastic BB screen..

They do have a weird feel for sure. I don't know if it's super sticky but it's certainly not super smooth as without one. But the protection of the screen far outweighs the feel.

wunhangios

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
It really doesn't matter what the application process is (wet/dry/static). If the screen protector is meant to be removed at some point down the future (adhesive isn't superglue), your present case will cause the bubbles. You will need a protector that is sized for a case - they cut them slightly smaller so that the case won't push up against the screen protector.

Reactions: leharris22

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the case-friendly Zagg. Hopefully it will work. I like the case I currently have. It's an iSkin and it feels supportive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii28