[REVIEW] Incipio Oh Joy! Scattered Confetti Case (All iPhones 7 and newer)

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
https://youtu.be/8j1mw2nbj9c

There are many types of joy in the world. For one, there’s Joy to the World, a timeless Christmas song. Then there’s Almond Joy’s, which are delicious and so much better than Mounds. There's the joy of being able to go to Taco Bell at midnight and grab some food. And then there’s the new Oh Joy! case by Incipio, which brings confetti, happiness, magical rays of sunshine and excellent protection to your iPhone 7/8, Plus model or iPhone X.

1.jpg

The Look:
The Oh Joy! Scattered Confetti case is a masterpiece of clear TPU and colorful pieces of confetti infused into a protective and stylish phone case. It takes a clear case which allows you to show off the fancy color of your iPhone and then adds some colorful, well-blended confetti discs that seem to float in the material; it’s really something. This case is one scoop short of an ice cream social on a Sunday afternoon; especially if you have a Product Red Edition iPhone. The colors of the latest generation iPhone have been “meh” in my humble opinion, but then the second iteration of the Red Edition came out and changed everything for a second year in a row – yup, it’s that good looking. So, if you have a Red Edition or any of the other colors, I still think the best way to showcase the fine craftsmanship and elegance of the glass-backed design is to have it in a clear case. But, sometimes having a clear case can get boring and then you’re forced to find a way to compromise on showing off your phone and having something a bit more stylish. Well, look no farther because the Oh Joy line of cases – particularly the Confetti Case – really does a great job in showcasing the phone, as well as adding a bit of flair.

2.jpg
3.jpg

The Feel: The case itself is plain and simple, but well designed. The TPU material is solid and seamlessly molds to the phone, and just feels good. The texture is smooth, but not slippery, which is only enhanced by the slim profile and ease of grip that you get with the smaller iteration of the iPhone. Really, there’s a lot to be said about the smaller footprint of the non-plus series devices. They’re easy to hold, you can use them with one hand and there’s something almost nostalgic about the more classic look and feel of the phone. The Oh Joy! case helps to build on this and gives you a solid case with eye-catching colors to help create as perfect a combination as you can get in a phone and case. The case is also Qi Wireless Charging compatible.

4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Security: The Oh Joy! case is well designed in both looks, and protection. The solid TPU material is naturally shock absorbent, which will help protect your phone in the event that you drop it, or if it falls a short distance. The case also has a scratch resistant resin on the phone to protect it from micro-scratches and minor abrasions, which will help keep your case looking it’s best for a long time to come. The camera is recessed, which provides protection for your camera lens for when you set phone down on flat surfaces. The same is true about the front. Incipio has built in an oversized bezel around the edge of the entire screen which gives you that extra bit of buffer between your phone screen and the table or countertop when you set it down. And if all else fails, Incipio offers a one (1) year warranty on the case.

7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Conclusion: Even though the Scattered Confetti case isn’t the most manly case in the world, it still suits me just fine and it pairs really well with the iPhone, especially with the Product Red Edition. The colored confetti discs in the case really stand out and help accent the underlying color of your phone, all while keeping it clean and classy.

Pros:
- The design is unique and really accents the phone
- It’s well made and offers adequate protection for the device
- The clear TPU case allows you to show off your phone, but adds a little bit of flair
- The rigid construction and design really molds to the phone and has excellent grip

Cons:
- It’s not MIL-STD drop protection rated
- It’s not the most manly case (if this is a concern)
- It’s not overly cheap, but I think it’s well priced
- I don’t know how well the clear finish will hold up over time… which is a problem with clear style TPU cases

If you’re interested in picking up one of Incipio’s Scattered Confetti cases, you can find them over at their website: http://survey-smiles.com/ for the everyday low price of $24.99, which I think is pretty fair for the brand name and design. It’s also available for the iPhone 7+/8+, and the iPhone X. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave them down in the comments section.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know in this day and age, my reply will be considered outdated, but I don't care....;)... I'm 'old skool', and proud of it. Anyway, thanks for a well-written review, sir. With that being said, the scattered confetti case would probably be more attractive to women more so than to men.

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
I know in this day and age, my reply will be considered outdated, but I don't care....;)... I'm 'old skool', and proud of it. Anyway, thanks for a well-written review, sir. With that being said, the scattered confetti case would probably be more attractive to women more so than to men.

I wholeheartedly agree. It's been interesting carrying it around for a week. Lol. But, I'm sure the ladies would like to see something reviewed that they may be interested in from time to time. I took one for the team. ??????

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77