Really messed up my contacts help! Iphone 3g / outlook express

FTLOSM

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
I have an iphone 3g, and outlook express on my pc, during itunes sync i was going thru the tabs and hitting sync, dummy me hit sync allowing it to bring in my contacts off windows outlook express i guess, cuz now i have like 200 contacts (99.9% are just emails of any person I have ever replied to or wrote to), of course no phone info just their emails etc.

I don't need or want this at all, but did have a good 20-30 solid contacts put in manually (took forever too), am i stuck having to delete these imported contacts one by one or is there a way to fix this without having to manually delete each entry or having to redo the real contacts in my phone.

SO sorry for such a simple question, as you can tell im a newbie here and did something very dumb ughh.

BUT I do love this iphone, just user stupidity...

Bill :)

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't use Outlook Express, but I would think that by deleting the contacts that you don't want in the app and then re-syncing it would delete those unwanted contacts off of your iPhone.

Satanic Goat

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
What he said, it may be worth keeping on top of you outlook contacts, (or use Google sync) to stop these errors in the future. We've all done something like this

berbamac

May 16, 2009
Visit site
use a program like vcardexport to export your outlook contacts to desktop(always have a backup for contacts)
then import the ones you want into your address book.

sync.
Voila.

-berbamac

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23