My brand new iPad 4 is asking for a password and not accepting the one I previously created.

I

iMore Question

I got interrupted finishing the set up of my brand new iPad 4. I set my Touch ID. Now, when I tried to finish up the set up, a couple days later, it's asking for my password. Saying I must enter my password, and can not use my Touch ID. What did I do unknowingly? I've tried every possible password but to no avail.

DelaCristea

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello and Welcome to iMore forums ! When you set up Touch ID , you need also to set up an 4-6 digit code if something is happening with your finger. Try to remember the 4-6 digit code that you have set , and the iPad will unlock.

*If you can't remember it , the iPad will be disabled, and you need to factory reset it , from the itunes , and after that will ask only your iCloud account.

Good luck !

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I got interrupted finishing the set up of my brand new iPad 4. I set my Touch ID. Now, when I tried to finish up the set up, a couple days later, it's asking for my password. Saying I must enter my password, and can not use my Touch ID. What did I do unknowingly? I've tried every possible password but to no avail.

Before you can even set up TouchID, you have to create a passcode. You cannot setup TouchID without it. Either recall the lock screen passcode or start over from scratch. What did you do "unknowingly"? I don't know, but you knowingly failed to recall the passcode "you" set prior to setting up TouchID.