Music is much louder than movies/tv shows

bourquepascal

Mar 28, 2018
Visit site
I have an AppleTV 4K plugged into a Vizio TV via HDMI, and a Vizio soundbar plugged into the TV via optical cable.

When watching movies, the volume range is pretty good. Setting my soundbar on its lowest volume point leads to low volume (duh), and a comfortable listening volume is about 1/3 of max volume.

But when listening to music (Apple Music app on the AppleTV), setting the soundbar to its lowest volume point leads to loud music. In other words, there is nothing between Mute and Loud.

I have been able to mitigate this by enabling "Reduce Loud Sounds" and "Sound check", but the music is still a bit too loud to my taste, even on the lowest volume point on my soundbar. Plus, "Reduce Loud Sounds" has a negative effect on the music (highs are muffled, etc).

So what I've been doing to avoid this issue is to Airplay from my Mac to the AppleTV and setting the volume to 50% in iTunes on my Mac, but it sucks to have to do this, especially since I don't always have my MacBook Pro at hand when listening to music.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Pascal

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an AppleTV 4K plugged into a Vizio TV via HDMI, and a Vizio soundbar plugged into the TV via optical cable.

When watching movies, the volume range is pretty good. Setting my soundbar on its lowest volume point leads to low volume (duh), and a comfortable listening volume is about 1/3 of max volume.

But when listening to music (Apple Music app on the AppleTV), setting the soundbar to its lowest volume point leads to loud music. In other words, there is nothing between Mute and Loud.

I have been able to mitigate this by enabling "Reduce Loud Sounds" and "Sound check", but the music is still a bit too loud to my taste, even on the lowest volume point on my soundbar. Plus, "Reduce Loud Sounds" has a negative effect on the music (highs are muffled, etc).

So what I've been doing to avoid this issue is to Airplay from my Mac to the AppleTV and setting the volume to 50% in iTunes on my Mac, but it sucks to have to do this, especially since I don't always have my MacBook Pro at hand when listening to music.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Pascal

I have a Vizio sound bar connected to my LG smart tv via an optical cable, but the sound from watching movies and from listening to music are pretty much the same. Hopefully someone who is experiencing the same thing as you are will reply soon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855