Music automatically plays when connecting to Bluetooth

porier91

May 23, 2017
Visit site
Is there a setting somewhere that you can turn off when connecting a Bluetooth device to not automatically play music? Like for my car for example. Once I get in it plays a random song from my music library...normally very loud. And I have to rush to either turn the volume down or press stop on my phone. Does not happen with my AirPods just my car and Bluetooth speakers. iPhone XS Max iOS 13.1.3. Thanks!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
No, this is default behavior on iOS.
Just make sure the volume isn’t turned up to Max. I actually love this feature because it allows me to listen to music every time I get in the car. Otherwise I’d have to start music myself.
Also, if you don’t want automatic playback every time you get in the car, simply turn the car stereo off.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
No, this is default behavior on iOS.
Just make sure the volume isn’t turned up to Max. I actually love this feature because it allows me to listen to music every time I get in the car. Otherwise I’d have to start music myself.
Also, if you don’t want automatic playback every time you get in the car, simply turn the car stereo off.

Or change the car source from Aux to Radio?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I think that this is actually controlled by the device, not by iOS itself. My car, for example, will always start playing when I make a connection. That is not the case for a few BT headphones that I own, and even a BT speaker does not automatically play (though I have others that autoplay.) I believe that iOS just starts playing when the device requests playback - control for playback is passed to the device.

So, I would start by checking the BT settings in your car - it may have an option to not autoplay.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Or change the car source from Aux to Radio?

Yeah, whatever works for you. Turning it off is easier with that big button on my car stereo.
Some car stereos take more work to turn off, others take more work to change back to BT source.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77