Looking for call blocking app with specific feature

Larry_F

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
I'm looking for an App Store call blocking app with one specific feature. I frequently receive spam calls from numbers with fake caller id, always of the form 914-469-xxxx, where the xxxx is a different number every time. I would like to be able to easily block all calls from that exchange, but from searching and from reading app descriptions in the App Store, I have been unable to find anything that would allow me to do that. Does anyone know of an app with that specific feature?

This is for an iPhone 7+ running iOS 11.4.1 on Verizon Wireless.

Thanks for your help,
Larry

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Hey Larry. Welcome to iMore.

Unfortunately I don't think you're going to find anything that will block an entire exchange. The reason is because (123) 456-7890 may be a spam number, while (123) 456-7899 may be a legit business.

I'm on Tmobile and they identify spam calls and I just block them as they come in.

Thanks.

Larry_F

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't think you're going to find anything that will block an entire exchange. The reason is because (123) 456-7890 may be a spam number, while (123) 456-7899 may be a legit business.

Thank you, Lee_Bo, yes I understand that there are plenty of legitimate numbers on that exchange, but that exchange is not in my area and I have no current need to receive calls from any of those numbers. If I could find a call blocking app that would allow me to block the entire exchange, but white list individual numbers, that would be ideal, but for my immediate needs I would just block the entire exchange.

Larry

Larry_F

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
I just want to update this thread to say that I found an app which claims to do exactly what I was looking for, from a forum on another site. I have installed "WideProtect Spam Call Blocker" from the App Store, but have not yet verified that it works for me as described.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien