Lock Screen Issues

porier91

May 23, 2017
Visit site
Anyone else out there having Lock Screen issues like passcodes not being entered, control center not working, flashlight not working, camera not working from the quick action button, live wallpaper? Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am not experiencing any of that with my iPhone 12 Pro. With that being said, you should consider resetting your iPhone and then set it up as a new device and NOT from a backup.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
FYI, some users might need to remember or know they had a phone with 3D touch they no longer make. The behavior or response for the lock screen flashlight and camera buttons are a bit different. I seemed to remember that when I went between XS Max and iPads but it was 3 days of muscle memory in the XS series to 12 switch.

The only obvious issues with my 12 PM are cellular and 5G. The move or handoff to another tower turns my calls bad. Near my home 5G downloads are about 1/2 the speed of LTE.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else out there having Lock Screen issues like passcodes not being entered, control center not working, flashlight not working, camera not working from the quick action button, live wallpaper? Thanks!

On my 12 PM, if I just tap on the flashlight or camera icons, nothing happens. But if I long press on them until they expand, then they work. It's in an OtterBox Commuter case.
No issues with the other things you mentioned.

Peaceful_Moi

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm seeing reports that the presence of a screen protector and, maybe, also a case will cause the lock screen on an iPhone 12 Mini to lose its sensitivity.

This happened on my partner's new 12 Mini, where we just yesterday installed a screen protector - along with a case on Friday. She had to rip the screen protector off to answer a phone call. She attributed it to the (Spigen) screen protector being too thick, but the reports I've seen think it may be a grounding issue with the 12 Minis.

EDIT: We fished the screen protector out of the trash and experimented with it. It appears the problem is only with the screen protector, with or without a case. And it affects only the lock screen. The subsequent screens respond to touch, with or without the screen protector in place.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing reports that the presence of a screen protector and, maybe, also a case will cause the lock screen on an iPhone 12 Mini to lose its sensitivity.

This happened on my partner's new 12 Mini, where we just yesterday installed a screen protector - along with a case on Friday. She had to rip the screen protector off to answer a phone call. She attributed it to the (Spigen) screen protector being too thick, but the reports I've seen think it may be a grounding issue with the 12 Minis.

EDIT: We fished the screen protector out of the trash and experimented with it. It appears the problem is only with the screen protector, with or without a case. And it affects only the lock screen. The subsequent screens respond to touch, with or without the screen protector in place.

That may contribute to it. But I don't use a screen protector, and the flashlight and camera on my 12 PM does nothing if I just tap the icons. I have to long press them until they expand. I don't know if that's normal or not, coming from a 6s Plus to the 12 PM. Everything else mentioned works fine.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
That may contribute to it. But I don't use a screen protector, and the flashlight and camera on my 12 PM does nothing if I just tap the icons. I have to long press them until they expand. I don't know if that's normal or not, coming from a 6s Plus to the 12 PM. Everything else mentioned works fine.

That’s totally normal. The flashlight and camera icons on the Lock Screen are haptic buttons that need to be long pressed, not just tapped.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I don’t use a screen protector as well but I think the design is spot on if it only required a tap there would be a lot of flashlights coming on when it’s not intended

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
My issue is I will get a phone call and “sometimes” when I go to answer the phone the screen goes “BLACK” and after 4-10 seconds it will come back... bu by then there is no way to answer the call. The phone still rings, but nothing on the screen or on the phone “app” to answer.

Peaceful_Moi

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I didn't see mention of a screen protector when I updated. But it happened so fast, I might have missed it.

I'm not aware of any mention by Apple of the cause of the Lock Screen problem. I can tell you from my own experience that when a screen protector was present the Lock Screen was unresponsive, and when a screen protector was not present the Lock Screen was responsive. Many other users reported this problem.

After updating to iOS 14.2.1, the Lock Screen was responsive regardless of whether or not a screen protector was present.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamadam9120