life proof or atlas for iPhone 5s?

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking about getting the Fre. But now that someone has mentioned the Atlas, I'm thinking about that one as well. Do they sell the Atlas at carrier stores?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about getting the Fre. But now that someone has mentioned the Atlas, I'm thinking about that one as well. Do they sell the Atlas at carrier stores?

I know for the iPhone 5 they did because I purchased one at verizon store and got my discount from work. Not sure if they have any of the new atlas cases in yet, haven't been to a carrier store in awhile. They do not have them listed on verizon's site anyway.

jkel777

Banned
Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Got the LifeProof for the 5s about a month ago. Decided I wanted to try the Atlas for the 5s to see which I liked better. Got the Atlas, put it on, and everything seemed great, except for the sensitivity down near the bottom of the screen. Absolutely terrible, in my experience. I loved the glass screen protector, but the screen sensitivity immediately turned me off and I sent it back (still haven't received a refund, by the way...). Now, I could have had a faulty unit, but I didn't want to deal with exchanging it. Also couldn't register my phone for the warranty that came with the case. Just a bad overall experience for me. So I'm sticking with the Fre for 5s. No issues with mine at all (besides speaker quality, but that's a given since we're talking about waterproof cases here). If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I got the Lifeproof case and I really like it. I have heard bad things about the Atlas case so I avoided it. I bought the wife the Catalyst case by Griffin and she liked it. I think that the Lifeproof case looks better though. But the Catalyst is cheaper and seems to be just as effective.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the Fre. I really wanted screen protection as well.

How does the screen react with screen protector on? Any real glaring issues? I know some of the older fre cases I had, really was a pain typing on because of the screen protector.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
How does the screen react with screen protector on? Any real glaring issues? I know some of the older fre cases I had, really was a pain typing on because of the screen protector.

I haven't had any issues typing. The screen protector is ok. It isn't that responsive when wet. But I don't know how that compares to other waterproof cases.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77