iTunes Digital Copy Movie Redemption Problem

TotallyFrustrated

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
I purchased the movie "Peppermint" from BestBuy. When I tried to redeem the digital copy (at itunes . com / REDEEM) I received the following message:

"Connecting to the iTunes Store...

If you don't have iTunes, download it for free (link). If you have iTunes and it doesn't open automatically, try opening it from your dock or Windows task bar."

Well, I had to download the app from the Microsoft Store.

I was attempting to attach this digital copy to my Vudu account, but "redeeming" the digital copy in iTunes still did not fix the problem. So, upon research, I found that I needed to attach both accounts to "Movies Anywhere". So, I created an account there and successfully attached my Vudu, Amazon Prime, Fandango, etc... All of my movie accounts EXCEPT for ITUNES! Once again, when I clicked the "Connect" link next to iTunes, I received the same message listed above.

Obviously, this is an iTunes/Apple problem, because I get the same message utilizing two totally separate systems, yet when I contacted support at iTunes/Apple, I was told that it is a "Movies Anywhere" problem. (How? Do they have control over the iTunes/Redeem section at iTunes.com?) When I explained this to Justin, the "Senior Advisor", he replied "I don't know anything!" (That was LITERALLY his words when I asked how Movies Anywhere could control the iTunes.com app, and I told him that I would quote him on that!)

Can anyone help me? Or refer me to an escalation department?

Thanks in advance!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This is what you should have seen after connecting to the iTunes Store. From there, you should have selected the manual option and entered the redeem code.

IMG_0158.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77