It's time to make iPads make sense again

Chris Laarman

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Apple may since have discovered that the market is more fragmented than "desktop<>portable" and "consumer<>pro".
I myself may be an example of that further fragmentation. - So I don't make sense?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I prefer Apple provide 3:

iPad Mini
iPad Air
iPad Pro 12.9

I would also prefer just 2 iPhone models:

iPhone
iPhone Max

Both models contains the exact same innards and camera, and the only distinguishing difference being the size.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I would prefer Apple offered iPad and iPhone, no alternatives. And then put some real effort into making them absolutely the best that you can buy, best everything, for a reasonable price. And keep doing it ! Perhaps also put some effort into curating the App store too. Then put some money into fighting off silly attempts to break into our privacy.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

naddy69

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
"And it may be part of the reason why iPad sales have been dropping: iPad sales were down 10% in Apple's most recent financial results. "

Um, no.

The entire PC market (including Macs) crashed in 2023. Down 33% in the first quarter compared to Q1 2022. Down 17% in the second quarter and down 9% in the third quarter. 4th quarter numbers aren't in yet but might be slightly up, or at least even with Q4 2022.

That's an average of down 20% from 2022. iPads being down only 10% is just fine.

More choices is always better. Apple needs cheap iPads as well as the expensive Pro models.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77