Is it possible to stream mp4 videos from native video app from iphone to apple tv 4thG?

leandrodp2016

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys!
First post here, been reading you all for quite some time though.
Title pretty much says it all, I can stream content from vlc app (the videos are stored in the iphone 6s plus), but don't see the streaming enabling icon on the native video player. That's strange. And I'm having a hard time trying to set Plex up. I guess I will have to do more research on how to get it to work.
I originally got the apple tv to stream previously downloaded videos/films, so as to avoid having to use a pendrive with my dumb tv, but so far I haven't fulfilled that mission succesfully ☹. Well, thank you in advance!.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you're on the same Wi-Fi network as your TV then you should be able to swipe up from the bottom of the screen on your iPhone, choose the AirPlay option and then stream the aforementioned videos to your TV via your TV.

leandrodp2016

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Thank you, tried that and worked. Thing is, it mirrors my phone's screen, which means if I want to do something else with it while streaming the video, it'll stop. That doesn't happen if I use the Netflix app, it does have its own streaming icon and you can exit the app, and video will continue to play regardless. Is there any way around to the native video app to so the same?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77