iPhone 6 storage issue

I

iMore Question

So two weeks ago my iPhone 6 kept filling up with storage no matter how many apps or pictures I deleted. It eventually lead to my phone being unusable besides for texting and calling, and then it went into a continuous loop of rebooting itself and I couldn't do anything about it. But next day it started and worked well. Now today, it's starting to do the same thing. I currently have 41 pictures on my phone but it says photos take up 2.1GB of storage. I'm no math major, but that **** doesn't add up. Has this happened to anyone, and if so, is there a cure? I am in Hawaii and thinking about taking it to tech store. What should I do? Please guide.

Last edited by a moderator:

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
iPhones do fill up space over time which is frustrating.

Check your deleted items in photos and empty that. Then there's three stages of what you can do

1. Delete your apps and reinstall them. This will clear the cache each app has which will reclaim space for you.

2. If that doesn't work backup your phone and wipe it then re-install the backup.

3. If that doesn't work backup your phone (just in case) but set it up as a new phone.

When I did option 3 for a battery issue i reinstalled exactly the same apps that were on it before. I had 800meg free before the re-setup but 6.6gigs free after!

Good luck

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
You may have what they call "other" taking space. If that's it, you'll need to connect to iTunes to get rid of it.

How do you get rid via iTunes?

Out of interest iTunes tells me I have 5.52g free, iPhone tells me I have 1.19g free.

Shouldn't these figures match?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
How do you get rid via iTunes?

Out of interest iTunes tells me I have 5.52g free, iPhone tells me I have 1.19g free.

Shouldn't these figures match?

Not sure. I think "other" may be deleted when you restore through iTunes. Are both those numbers phone storage? No idea why they're different that much.

mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure. I think "other" may be deleted when you restore through iTunes. Are both those numbers phone storage? No idea why they're different that much.

Oh yes other is deleted via a restore. I thought you knew a trick to do it without the restore.

Yes, that's free space according to iTunes and manage storage on the iPhone. Strange they're so different

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh yes other is deleted via a restore. I thought you knew a trick to do it without the restore.

Yes, that's free space according to iTunes and manage storage on the iPhone. Strange they're so different

Instead of "Manage storage", look at your avaliable space in settlngs > General > about.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Do you have the iOS beta on your phone?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I guess I won't get the space back until I do a wipe and restore. I just can't factor in the time right now to do that

When I first got iOS 10 beta last year I submitted 30 bug reports in the App they provided. It took up over 12 gb of my storage space. Still is. I can delete the profile, but not the software unless I connect to iTunes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4