iPhone 6 iOS 11 Performance

bigtruck1369

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 11 once it was available and its performance on my phone has been terrible. I've been experiencing general slowness, random app crashing (including the stock camera app!), delays in app loading, weird battery drain, etc...

So, my question is, has anyone experienced performance like this on their iPhone 6 and tried a reset/reinstall, and did it improve things?

I'm not interested in making the effort to reset if there's a low percentage of reaping benefits.

In other news, I have more justification for updating my phone to a newer model! :)

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Sometimes, but not always, when you upgrade the system files can become corrupt causing crashes and other things that you've mentioned. The only way to fix it is to install a fresh copy of the operating system.

Perform an encrypted backup and then restore via DFU mode. Before reinstalling from backup ensure than the phone is running smoothly by testing it for a day or so. If everything is all good then reinstall from backup. If there's still issues before you reinstall from backup, then make an appointment with Apple at the Genius Bar for further assistance.

If the phone runs fine before reinstalling from backup, and then runs badly after reinstalling from backup then you know something in your backup is corrupt. In that case it's just better to start over and setup the device as new.

There's an article here at iMore for using DFU mode; https://www.imore.com/how-to-iphone-ipad-dfu-mode

lgdlman

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Done hard rest after hard reset, due for an upgrade and will just bite the bullet, this phone was flawless, quick, long battery life but since the upgrade apps hang, slow and battery no longer gets me through a full day.

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Everything else seems okay, but battery definitely took a hit - and it was no great shakes before, given what I want to do with device.
Because of original experience, I got myself a Mophie case, but still note the onboard battery nowhere near what it once was.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77