iPhone 5s keeps shutting off!

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Several hours ago, my iPhone 5s, which I've owned for about 2.5 - 3 months began acting up. I was randomly shutting off & turning it's self back on around 5 minutes later. It then began freezing in the middle of texting, or browsing the web & doing the same thing, only taking longer to turn back on. While doing this, the home & lock/ power button are useless. What's the problem here? & what can I do to fix it?????

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Several hours ago, my iPhone 5s, which I've owned for about 2.5 - 3 months began acting up. I was randomly shutting off & turning it's self back on around 5 minutes later. It then began freezing in the middle of texting, or browsing the web & doing the same thing, only taking longer to turn back on. While doing this, the home & lock/ power button are useless. What's the problem here? & what can I do to fix it?????

Have you tried a soft reset? Hold down the home and power button until the screen goes white and you get the Apple logo, then let go of the buttons.

If that doesn't work, you may need to do a factory reset by backing up through iTunes and then restoring as new and then restoring the backup.

It seems like you have a fairly major OS glitch that should be rectified by refreshing the OS back to factory standard.

I'm sure other people can suggest other things to try first though.

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I have done a soft reset already, that was the first thing I tried. Did not change anything. I'm in the process of doing an iCloud back up as I am typing (not real sure as to why it takes forever for it to back up). I'll be resetting it to factory as soon as the back up finishes. If that doesn't fix it, I'm not sure where to go from there.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Take it to Apple. If they deem it faulty they'll give you a new replacement one.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

katiejaneshore

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
The hard reset & restoring from back up seemed to have worked for now. No problems since. Thanks for the input guys!!

You can also try going to setting - general - about - diagnostics & usage - diagnostics & usage data. See if you have any panics in there (they begin with numbers) if you tap on one and it says (bug_type110). that normally means there is a hardware issue with your device. If you do not see that it is more than likely software.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1