iOS 13 public beta on primary device

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Well using it now for a week on a 7+. Does pretty awesome job and doesn't seem to be glitchy or buggy. But there is a problem using my G Home app which doesn't allow me to use it and won't enable WI-FI to setup my G Home Mini again. Also some of the apps does seem to be not fully supported on it but anyways it's okay. But I would anyways go back to 12.3 since this is my only device available and I can't just left my G Home not seted up. Will try different option 'cause the OS itself is okay.

Good to hear. Sounds like the experience in general of some apps not working for various users. It’s a matter of being able to live without the apps if not critical to everyday use.

anon(9918034)

Apr 22, 2018
Visit site
I have been using the beta, for myself it is making it really hard to use my primary device.

Issues I have ran into, if I go into an area with poor signal I have to turn the phone off and on just to get my service back to normal. Camera doesn’t always open when I try. The WiFi drops in and out constantly, I can’t make a phone using WiFi calling it always drops the call. Messages doesn’t always open either. Exiting an app in landscape mode will sometimes make the messages app off to the side of the screen with the swipe up indicated on the opposite side of the screen. If a folder slides to a new screen when moving apps around. The contents of that folder are emptied on to the screen and I have to put them back into a folder and move it back. Constant Springboard refreshes.

I have reported all of these to Apple. That has been my experience. I am using the xs max on sprint.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I have been using the beta, for myself it is making it really hard to use my primary device.

Issues I have ran into, if I go into an area with poor signal I have to turn the phone off and on just to get my service back to normal. Camera doesn’t always open when I try. The WiFi drops in and out constantly, I can’t make a phone using WiFi calling it always drops the call. Messages doesn’t always open either. Exiting an app in landscape mode will sometimes make the messages app off to the side of the screen with the swipe up indicated on the opposite side of the screen. If a folder slides to a new screen when moving apps around. The contents of that folder are emptied on to the screen and I have to put them back into a folder and move it back. Constant Springboard refreshes.

I have reported all of these to Apple. That has been my experience. I am using the xs max on sprint.

That sounds annoying. The public beta 2 is out so hopefully that should make things little better. Let us know if you see any improvements with that.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm comfortable enough & have had nothing but a few hiccups on both iPhone X & iPad Pro 12.9 that I'm installing the update on latest iPad Mini (wifi only).

Primary reasons?
  • I love dark mode
  • I love swipe keyboard

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
So I’ve installed iOS 13 public beta 2 on my primary device and so far it’s been a pleasant experience. Swipe keyboard is fantastic and dark mode looks amazing. I haven’t faced any major issues yet. Except for one with Books. Let’s see how things go moving forward.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
So, battery life went from good to horrible on beta 2 for me. Hopefully PB 3 will be better.

I’m hoping so too. My battery life seemed to be “okay” for a few days on pb2. Then it just has seemed to tank since Saturday or so. Usually plugging into my car radio will slowly charge my XR but it would drain even while plugged into it on pb2. It charged 2% in around 15 minutes on pb3 so far so hopefully battery is better.

huff825

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I’m hoping so too. My battery life seemed to be “okay” for a few days on pb2. Then it just has seemed to tank since Saturday or so. Usually plugging into my car radio will slowly charge my XR but it would drain even while plugged into it on pb2. It charged 2% in around 15 minutes on pb3 so far so hopefully battery is better.

That is pretty much identical to my experience. Cross your fingers.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has been solid on PB2. I’ve had some other minor quibbles which I’m hoping beta 3 will sort out. Installing it now!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77