How long should it take to swap out the battery on the iphone 5?

Swfla1

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
One of my phones is involved in the Iphone 5 battery recall. After spending over 30 minutes on hold with the so called "geniuses", I still did not get an answer to my question.

How long should it take to swap out the battery on the iphone 5? This, apparently, can only be done by an authorized repair center under the recall.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Iphone 5 Battery Recall

Yes it needs to be done at the Apple store. About 20 mins just had mine done.

Swfla1

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

Thanks! My appointment is at 1pm... I hope their customer service in person exceeds their customer service on the phone.

nekton123

May 21, 2013
Visit site

I made a Genius appointment for the AS Shibuya Tokyo at 3 pm Friday about a week ago because two iPhone 5 units in our house fall under the Apple Power Button/Battery recall. In the Genius booking I put a note that I was bringing in two phones.
Today, when I got there it was a madhouse but I was called promptly at 3 pm. The guy looked at my booking and glowered at me, saying that he could only handle 1 phone and I should have made two bookings for two phones. I POLITELY said that was ridiculous and if that was the case why had Apple not emailed me back since they knew I was bringing in two phones for the recall fix. I stood my ground and he eventually said he would handle them but he was brusque and uncooperative the whole way through the quite long procedure. I can imagine he had been having a bad day with possibly hundreds of recall replacements but still WTF difference did it make to him if he processed two phones for me at one go or 1 phone each for the next two customers out of the hundred milling around? It was a lengthy process too. First update the iOS (they were all fully up to date and wiped clean) but it had to be done. Then a lengthy diagnostic test of all the buttons, speaker, flash, etc. and then the paperwork.
And the repairs take up to 2 WEEKS and I have to go back to pick up the phones. He lightened up a bit once when I told him I only needed one loaner to replace the two in for repair which saved him more paperwork as well.
First time I have had an a**hole tech at Apple, despite me being patient and polite.
Oh well, we all have bad days. Let's see what happens when pick-up day comes around.
But is it actually true each device belonging to the same customer needs a separate booking and was he angry with me because of the way some pay calculation works?
Still, I can see it was a bad day to be in that Apple store and this is the first time in many visits where I have walked out feeling less than very pleased with the service quality.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

It stinks that you had an issue with the service, they are usually very good, hope it all works out for you.
And welcome to iMore.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77