How jailbreaking screwed me. please help!

brokenbits

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Okay, i'm not new to jailbreaking. I have an iphone 3gs and i jailbroke it and installed a few cydia applications. I knew that jailbreaking would remove the warrenty on my phone and i knew that if i had a problem with it i can restore it and put the warranty back in place. I had also dropped my phone a few times and it was overall okay, the only thing broken on it is the lock button. But just earlier today i dropped my phone and it became broken to the point even i cant fix it. It started by being stuck in a reboot loop. after a while that stopped and it turned on normally, but the battery can no longer hold a charge and unplugging it cuts the power entirely. The first time i tried booting it up after the reboot loop ended it worked normally. i Then unplugged it (before i knew it couldn't hold a charge) and the power cut off. I plugged it back in and booted it up and the Internet did not work. The phone does not work when it is plugged into my computer, only when its plugged into a AC outlet, so that makes restoring it a little difficult. As much as i have tried i have yet to get the internet to work on my phone again. Because the phone is jailbroken i cant take it to the apple store and get it replaced without restoring it to put the warranty back on it. Does anybody know how i can restore my phone in the condition it is in?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay, i'm not new to jailbreaking. I have an iphone 3gs and i jailbroke it and installed a few cydia applications. I knew that jailbreaking would remove the warrenty on my phone and i knew that if i had a problem with it i can restore it and put the warranty back in place. I had also dropped my phone a few times and it was overall okay, the only thing broken on it is the lock button. But just earlier today i dropped my phone and it became broken to the point even i cant fix it. It started by being stuck in a reboot loop. after a while that stopped and it turned on normally, but the battery can no longer hold a charge and unplugging it cuts the power entirely. The first time i tried booting it up after the reboot loop ended it worked normally. i Then unplugged it (before i knew it couldn't hold a charge) and the power cut off. I plugged it back in and booted it up and the Internet did not work. The phone does not work when it is plugged into my computer, only when its plugged into a AC outlet, so that makes restoring it a little difficult. As much as i have tried i have yet to get the internet to work on my phone again. Because the phone is jailbroken i cant take it to the apple store and get it replaced without restoring it to put the warranty back on it. Does anybody know how i can restore my phone in the condition it is in?

Jailbreaking does not void or otherwise remove your warranty. Apple doesn’t like jailbreaking, and they won’t help you do it, but they cannot refuse to honor a warranty because of it. It is very possible that they will restore your phone with a pure version of iOS, possibly the latest, where no jailbreak is available... but they still have to repair any issues that are/would be covered by warranty.

Now, if they can determine that the issues with the phone are caused by damage as a result of dropping it ("physical damage or abuse"), they will refuse to fix it, as those items are NOT covered by their warranty. If you have AppleCare+, they will replace the device for the $49 fee (up to two replacements in the 2 year term of AC+)... however, I am not sure what coverage could still be in place on a 3GS, as it’s at least 4 years old as the flagship device... and, I think, at least a year out from being offered for sale from Apple.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
NO WAY a 3Gs has ANY warranty left. Any repairs will come out of pocket. Try finding a shop that repairs iPhones, will probably be a lot cheaper than at an Apple store. Just my $0.02

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien