How do you lock specific apps????????

mawyatt

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
My boyfriends little 4 year old can obviously work her way around an ipad pretty dang good. I have put games on it for her when we are driving down the road and she needs something to do, but the little stinker has deleted/cleared my 3 pages of notes twice. I need to know how I can lock my apps so that she won't be able to access my important notes pages. Does anyone have any suggestions besides, not allowing her on my iPad in the first place!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My boyfriends little 4 year old can obviously work her way around an ipad pretty dang good. I have put games on it for her when we are driving down the road and she needs something to do, but the little stinker has deleted/cleared my 3 pages of notes twice. I need to know how I can lock my apps so that she won't be able to access my important notes pages. Does anyone have any suggestions besides, not allowing her on my iPad in the first place!

That will depend on the app. Evernote, for example, has a setting where you can assign a passcode to gain access. Without that capability within the app, the most you can do is go to Sertings-General-Restictions and then set restrictions that can best curb any problems such as not allowing any accounts to be changed, preventing in-app purchases, prevent apps from being installed and/or deleted, to name a few. I personally have those restrictions in effect on my iPad because my youngest son uses it to play various games, too.

Chase Isley

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Just type lock apps in the search bar in the app store and you will see a ton of different choices. I would read the reviews and see which one is the best.

French

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I watched the iMore podcast from a week or so ago and they talked about the need for user profiles on the iPad...and I couldn't agree more. I know this doesn't help the OP...but I guess I'm just saying let's hope Apple introduces this feature in the next OS.

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar issue, but guided access won't work for me. I need to be able to password protect certain apps. I have an iPad and an iPhone and since the devices share information with each other, I don't want my kids to have access to certain things. Let's hope that something comes with the next OS update.

annaharris

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
There are certain apps which provide a passcode system to lock-down the app for unwanted people. You can also find lots of passcode related apps on App store.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77