Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
87da3849253448e9cd1ea487a86b2f66.jpg

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Hey Siri playlist ___.
We are sorry there was a problem with Apple Music.

I don’t use music just from HomePod minis a lot, I mostly play Apple Music from my AppleTV with a background nature slideshow. But the issue was consistent up until probably a week ago. I tried ‘hey Siri playlist ___’ after the 16 update and it actually worked. Whether it was coincidence or a bug that was fixed is ?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey Siri playlist ___.
We are sorry there was a problem with Apple Music.

I don’t use music just from HomePod minis a lot, I mostly play Apple Music from my AppleTV with a background nature slideshow. But the issue was consistent up until probably a week ago. I tried ‘hey Siri playlist ___’ after the 16 update and it actually worked. Whether it was coincidence or a bug that was fixed is ?

Sounds like a server-side update to Siri

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Sounds like a server-side update to Siri

I had assumed it could be the cloud/server side but I troubleshot it sometime ago over at the Apple Support community. It ended up it was those with AppleTV paired with HomePods (I think it was only HomePod minis). I could go onto the AppleTV and play Apple Music no problem. It seemed to work with HomePod only if I did a restart of the AppleTV (don't remember if that fixed it every time). So it could have been the cloud/server side, the AppleTV side, or the HomePod side. I had given up on it because I just didn't use the feature much. But good news I just tried it now and it worked again. Problem may be officially solved with an update to the cloud side? or AppleTV side? or HomePod side? :)

(side tip for everyone who uses Siri to play Apple Music: don't name playlists things like "rock music" or some common music name. Half the time Siri will play random rock music, not the playlist).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost