Here's how just an iPhone (and a helicopter) can rescue you from a mountaintop

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
There are several existing devices that can do this ! I don’t think this feature is going to be useful to many, I mean adventure sports fans probably already have the above mentioned devices.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
There are several existing devices that can do this ! I don’t think this feature is going to be useful to many, I mean adventure sports fans probably already have the above mentioned devices.

I agree this won’t be useful to many. I mentioned this in a previous post. But then i remembered that safety sells. In a car crash, drift away on a paddle board, take a hard fall, get lost in the woods-on a mountain-boat flips over out in the gulf, then couple it with heart and O2, and sleep tracking, other monitoring, the watch alert saved my life.
Essentially this is a “Buy us and you’ll be safe” ad. Apple appears to be trying to take health and safety via iPhone and watch to as high a degree as possible.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

A separate bulky device with another subscription isn’t really the same as using your own iPhone.

This will be useful for anyone that skis or go hiking, doesn’t really need to be “an adventure sports fan”

Can’t wait for gen 2 of satellite communications on the iPhone which might include iMessage and FaceTime.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77