Emulating iOS 7

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
There are two themes in Cydia named iOS7 Folders Theme. I installed v. 1.1 by Nikhil Panju. It centered the folder background just right for Iconoclasm. That will do until Phil upgrades his. BTW, do NOT enable iOS 7 Folders under Uniform Layout in Iconoclasm. I really screwed up my icons that way. Only enable it in Extras.

I must say that, after using real iOS 7 on two devices for half a day, just theming doesn't do it justice. It may look at a glance like iOS 7, but it doesn't recreate the pervasive animations. It doesn't just look different, it FEELS different. Also, a lot of the look just can't be themed in Winterboard. Once you've used iOS 7, you can't be fooled. All the stock apps work differently. There are so many major and minor touches. And it's beautiful. I wish I had the real thing on my phone.

However, I'm keeping my jailbreak, so I'll have to make do with the theme and tweaks. I'm grateful for them. Hopefully, some of the jailbreak devs will get inspired to implement more features. At least I get to play with it on other devices.

I really hope it gets jailbroken soon, and on 5s!

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking about removing jailbreak to upgrade😳....do I need to or should I just backup and then update iOS to 7? I usually do through iTunes and want a seamless a process as possible...😉

Sent from my sweet sassy iPhone

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking about removing jailbreak to upgrade😳....do I need to or should I just backup and then update iOS to 7? I usually do through iTunes and want a seamless a process as possible...😉

There are threads here on that subject. First backup, then restore as a new phone connected to iTunes to wipe it and get upgraded, then restore from backup.

I get a new phone every year, so I'm forced to give up my jailbreak, but there are some things I really want to keep, so this year I'm letting my wife have the new one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855