e-mails not being deleted and keep showing up as new

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
My wife recently mentioned to me that her email inbox on her iPhone has been clogging up with old emails that keep reappearing as new even though she has deleted them form her inbox.

If I go to the Advanced settings of her email account on her iPhone, under "Incoming Settings", its currently set to delete from server when removed from inbox. Which is how its always been. But recently when she deletes emails from her iPhone inbox, and then she checks for new emails, the emails she had previously deleted, show up as new emails in her inbox.

What can be causing this problem? The email account is from Cablevision Optonline.net. Could this be an issue with Cablevision?

Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
More than likely, yes, since you're dealing with a pop3 email account. Best bet would be to switch to a gmail or iCloud account and leave your ISP's email behind.

pamik38

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I also have the same problem. I have changed from pop to imap back to pop. Can't get it to delete these emails. I know if I go to Advanced, Mailbox Behaviors, everything is checked "On My Iphone". The are no options "On The Server" for "Drafts", "Sent" and "Archive" to be checked.

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
More than likely, yes, since you're dealing with a pop3 email account. Best bet would be to switch to a gmail or iCloud account and leave your ISP's email behind.

As recommended by Alli, I just ditched my ISP's email account and started using gmail.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GiadaHuerta