Cannot charge Mophie Juice Pack after iOS 7 update

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
My Mophie Air does work perfectly on my iPhone 5S. It worked on my iPhone 5 with iOS 7, as well. Same for my wife's Mophie Helium and her iPhone 5 with iOS 7.

My only suggestion would be to contact Mophie and see what they say.

Well I did and they replied quickly with a mailing label in my email and said "if we see a problem then we'll replace it". Then I asked if I would get my original juicpack back if they don't find an issue and they never replied. I'm not sending my pack in if there's no chance of getting the original or a new one back. This is a little ridiculous that so many people are having issues.

Arizona Dawn

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else run into this? I kind of expected this since iOS 7 prevents unauthorized chargers from charging the phone. The pack itself works but if I want to charge the pack with the phone in it then i'm out of luck.

I emailed mophie about 2 months ago because I was having sporadic issues with the supplied USB cable causing this issue so I resorted to a motorola micro USB wall plug I had, which worked great. Now my workaround doesn't work at all. Just wondering what you guys are seeing.

Sadly I've run into to exact problem. I just got my Mophie, and I was VERY exited, but it hasn't worked at all. Disappointing. What's worse is that I bought it from Apple. I didn't have experience with one before iOS 7 so I have no idea if that's the issue. Hopefully this problem will get fixed soon ^~^

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. Fully charged mophie wont charge iPhone 4S. I went in to ATT where I bought the mophie yesterday and they were willing to replace it with a new one but we tried one and phone wouldnt recognize it either. They suggested I call Apple. I did and they tried several things to include backing up and resetting my phone. Still no dice.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one though. Apple told me they had no reports if this....

RemmyZero

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I've got an update for you guys. I sent it back to Mophie last week and they ended up giving me a new one, which seems to work exactly as it should. There was definitely an issue with the phone blocking the charger. I suspect that some of the original cases had issues with the MiP chips used for charging authorization. Either way I have to say Mophie did the right thing by me, so if you're having issues just contact them.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
For all the users saying "MOPHIE CASE NOT WORKING" ill ask:
Where did you bought your mophie case?
I have an official case bought in Apple Toronto. And I had a fake case bofore. The fake came with an oficial package/usb cable/audo jack...and instructions.. serial number...And could delude anyone.
I already opened a topic before when I first doubt about the case (both cases are fake here, white and black) here:
http://forums.imore.com/accessories/258616-mophie-juice-air-iphone-5-official-fake.html
And now I have an official, so if anyone want see the differences just reply with pictures.

stevehannaway

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes same for me!! Just downloaded iOS 7.0.3 & Mophie no longer charging iPhone 4S with Mophie fully charged - very very annoying! Will Apple do anything about this or have we all wasted ?80?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii28