Back button for iPhone

Would you favor a back button to return to the previous screen in one step?

• Yes

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 27.8%

• Total voters

P@t

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Just need to double click the home button and pick the app you were just in, which will be the first one on the bar.

this is what i do. works for me.

all the previous apps i used are all right there in the multi tasking bar.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ehh idk about a back button. I like the simplicity of one actual button and the rest is touch screen so devs can put how ever many buttons they like in their apps.

St3ib

May 8, 2011
Visit site
No need to keep replying, the original post was from 2009 before multitasking came out. but the previous app was a great idea! :)

get2bill

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
button would be good (hope for the 5)

Yeah, to me a back button would be kind of counter-productive as the whole point was to not have buttons really. Every app I've ever had has a previous or back button built in to suit the app.

Actually open up a link in email. Safari opens and then when your done you have to go to the home button and start over.

Bottom line not all dvelopers follow the guidline to build it in the app so there are definitely apps that do not provide it and scenarios where you are forced to do the home button and then go back in. That's why 40% of folks voted they would like it...

I got my wife an iphone as it seemed and is sold as the most user friendly yet she finds it very frustrating not to have such a button. I have a moto droid razr and have no such problems. (I am not an Iphone hater in fact Ilike a lot about them AND I would have gone w/iphone 4s but I get frustrated w/3G downloads and surfing and my 4G screams compared to here 3g Iphone). When the 5 comes out I may convert then depending upon how much I get married to the razr (do like the larger screen as well).

Last edited:

Enormisp

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
What am I doing wrong? When I go to search for example recipes for oyster stew, it brings up multiple answers. I click on the first one and don't like it; there is no back button to select another one. Double clicking the main button does not bring up that page. Basically, I have to start all over; what a pain in the ***.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artiefischel99