Apple VS Google maps, while planning your trip

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
So, you have these two giants battling each other again, this time it's in Apple's court, which one is better on your iPhone!? In my humble opinion, both apps are great, in well known countries and or cities, both are generally accurate, even though Apple maps has sent me to the wrong destination a couple of times too often for me to make it my 'go to map app'.

Apple's POI's, traffic and reroutes, is inferior to that of Google, again, this is my opinion, as I have used both in my city, Christchurch, New Zealand.

Anyway, I have a project back home in Indonesia which means that I will have to move there, and take the family with me. I have to look for a place to stay, an international school for my kids to go to etc.

It is quite surprising that Apple's POI's in this region is quite well documented, even though it is still less superior than Google's. In this particular race, I have to hand the winner trophy to Google.

I have saved destinations, use street view, etc. I wonder if Apple will ever go as far as having their own version of Street View? Does anyone know?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4