Apple Pay Security Issue

shady360

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Used my Apple Pay within a 3rd party app to make a purchase the other day, and it prompted me to select the card I wanted to use, then prompted me to select my billing address. This is where the problem arose. The phone showed me a list of names and addresses of people I don't know. Pages of other people's information. I contacted the app developer, Apple Support, and my bank, and no one seems to be overly concerned, all saying the functionality of their respective apps could not cause this to happen. Anyone else encountered this and figured out how or why this is happening? I'm more concerned about there being a glitch in one of these apps that is exposing my own info to other people. Thanks.

Jay
iPhone 7 Plus
iOS 11.0.3

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the app was trying to verify that the user (you) selected the correct name and address associated with your account as a security check.

shady360

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I have to disagree with that because all those names and addresses are still appearing if I go to Settings->Wallet & Apple Pay -> Credit Card -> Billing Address.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Used my Apple Pay within a 3rd party app to make a purchase the other day, and it prompted me to select the card I wanted to use, then prompted me to select my billing address. This is where the problem arose. The phone showed me a list of names and addresses of people I don't know. Pages of other people's information. I contacted the app developer, Apple Support, and my bank, and no one seems to be overly concerned, all saying the functionality of their respective apps could not cause this to happen. Anyone else encountered this and figured out how or why this is happening? I'm more concerned about there being a glitch in one of these apps that is exposing my own info to other people. Thanks.

Jay
iPhone 7 Plus
iOS 11.0.3

I’ve used Pay from day 1, and I have NEVER been asked for that kind of information. Having said, I’ve never used Pay with the aforementioned app either. My thumbprint is all I need for the most part.

shady360

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
That’s not possible though. I purchased this phone, brand new and factory sealed, directly from VZW on launch day last year. It’s never been out of my possession since (eg, never been serviced for a battery, screen, etc). Apple Pay Support was happy to tell me how to make the info go away. They just have no idea how that info got there in the first place.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77